Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

SP1 included in Acceleration?

Someone posted in the forum that I did not need to reinstall SP1 if I installed Acceleration.I am doing complete reinstall and installed FSX and Acceleration but not SP1.Now I installed Active Sky and it says simconnect SP1 is not there.Did I screw up by not installing SP1?If so do I have to start over?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Acceleration had spare space on the DVD and thus included SP1.Is ActiveSky compatible with Acceleration/SP2?

Thanks Phil,Thought I was going to have to start over again.Don't know if it's compatible but posted the same post at HiFi forum.Hopefully they will have answer although ASX was working fine with weather updates on my old computer after I installed Acceleration.Ron

I found it.Was in the upgrades.Ron

Guest Grahame Myers

The problem almost certainly lies elsewhere. I re-installed FSX and Acceleration the day before yesterday, as I wanted to give it a fair chance with a vanilla install.My old install was "SP broken" after installing SP1 over my existing install, and then after a few more addons, the Acceleration install. Turned out to be not such a good idea :-) I also have ActiveSkyX + X Graphics, both running without problems, in fact even better than with the old "cobbled together" install. Good luck with your problem!RegardsGrahame

Hi All,This is what we know so far:ASX will work with any version of FSX beyond RTM.If just RTM and Acceleration are installed, we know that SP1 is installed.However, SP1 is recognized just a little bit differently, so to fix this, we have seen the need to also install the SP1 stand alone.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

What is RTM?And since I installed all the updates do I need to install SP1?If so do I have to do it with clean install?Thanks,Ron