Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

So where are we at?

Guest PowderBlue

I have a high end system more or less and after installing acceleration frame rates are good but the blurries are killing my eyes. What is the best setup as of right now as far as only RTM and SP1 or RTM and Acceleration? I've been reading about 50 different things that are going on and it seems as if most are useable but no one is truly happy. I think by this time with the release of FS9 most major issues were atleast solveable in most cases and we had a stable platform. Thanks for any help

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hi Jason,Can you post a screenie of the "blurries" you're having?With an Intel Core 2 duo, you shouldn't be getting blurries, strictly, unless your other settings are set unrealistically high.You should be using Service Pack 2 (which is the best setup). If you have Acceleration installed, then you have Service Pack 2.I notice you have the Nvidia 8800. Have you noticed all the threads with complaints that are using that card? Are you using DX10, or DX9?

In my experience texture loading is most consistent with RTM. In some cases texture loading with SP1/SP2 can be better than RTM when using multicore, though in other cases its far inferior. If I change views when using SP2 it unloads all the textures, going down to the lowest LOD, and then begins to relaod the textures from there. I also get lots of flickering textures, even with the deafult acceleration aircraft, and at times black boxes appear where effects are, like afterburners and lights. Its very annoying, but it seems ACES will not be fixing these bugs. SP2 Its by far the buggiest piece of software I own.

Guest fsxmissionguy

The reason ACES won't fix your flicker problem is that they didn't create your flicker problem.The flickering textures that you report are not the fault of Microsoft. They are the fault of your video card manfacturer - Nvidia.The flickers are the result of a poorly-written driver. You are probably using the 8800 with your Nvidia motherboard, I would guess.I'd say that the buggiest piece of software you own is in fact, not FSX ... it is your video driver software.Update: Whoops. There it is, right in your sig. Nvidia 8800. No surprise there.