Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Verdict on Piper Cheyenne by D.A.?

Please comment on the Piper Cheyenne by Digital Aviation if you have it. I'm ready to "pull the trigger" on buying it, and I'm just not sure yet. Need some user advice!

It is a great plane.. Feels right, looks right, sounds right, inside and outside. The Trimble GPS is a strange unit... love it or hate it, I guess. The FSX version still has some bugs that are being worked on.If you had the FS9 version, the FSX version is pretty much identical, except for a working weather radar.If you like RXP gauges, the EADI fits nicely, see picture..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182541.jpg

Bert

To early to tell for me, the Trimble issue is a 'show stopper' for me right now. As soon as the patch is released, Ill have a better handle on any score I can give it. Right now it would be 'incomplete'. For me.

I'm just hoping they release the FS9 patch sometime soon. Hans says it's pretty much done, but it needs some testing. I mean, overall the plane is perfect and it's my favorite "high and fast" flying twin, but the GPS has a couple CTD issues that kinda make it useless for me. I know a lot of people hate the Trimble, but I think it's fine and enjoy something different, but when dialing in a page results in a CTD everytime, then it kinda kills the fun.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

OK...bought it. Now to learn the idiosyncracies of the plane. The discount was nice (upgrade).Thanks for the input.

I love the FS9 DA Cheyenne but early on I quickly abandoned the almost unusable Trimble in favour of dual RXP Garmins. Will only consider the FSX version when a suitable replacement for the Trimble is available.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Ever since I installed the Cheyenne, my planes have loaded at a real "snail's pace". Wonder what I could do about that? I've defragged and restarted but when I load any variation of the Cheyenne it takes forever. Others are loading very slowly as well. Once I'm loaded, I get relatively good performance, but something has definitely slowed down getting a plane on the tarmac.