Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark2112

Where's my water?!

Guest Mark2112

Hi everyone!!I just decided to take a flight around Vancouver and I noticed that the water around the airport and it the harbor has been replaced by land! I wanted to install the Vancouver+ scenery but it did not fix the issue. The city and surrounding areas look nice, but the straight between the mainland and the island is now filled with land. Any ideas what happened and what I can do to fix this? Mark

Hi Mark,You are probably using UTX USA/Canada.See the patch(es) here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=23111

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Mark2112

Hi there,I tried the solution on that page for UTX Canada and I still have a dry harbor. I even tried to completely reinstall the software but the land still replaces the water. I hope I am not the only one with this problem! Thanks for any input you guy have!!Mark

Guest Mark2112

Ok, here is what I have done so far to get my water back. I first tried the fix that was suggested earlier that involved starting the set-up tool and then restarting FSX, that did not workThen I tried to uninstall UTX Canada, I still found no water in the harborNow I tried reinstalling it and there is still no water. I am at a real loss here, I hope I don't have to reinstall the whole works here, I hope someone has a solution because I have tried everything short of removing SP2, although I am not quite sure how to do that!!Thanks again,Mark

Guest Mark2112

At the risk of being annoying, I will post a screenshot. It is a top down look at the Vancouver area. Mark

Mark, your problem is a Terrain.cfg problem.Have you Vancouver+ installed?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Mark, your problem is a Terrain.cfg problem.>Have you Vancouver+ installed?As David points out, it's the Terrain.Cfg file. Installing SP2 overwrites the modified Terrain.Cfg file that UT/X and Vancouver+ use to create their effects. As has been posted at both the UT/X and Vancouver+ forums rerunning their respective setup utilities will reapply their respective entries into the Terrain.Cfg file. No need to uninstall. Though if you did, UT/X would reinsert it's entries.

Guest Mark2112

Hi again!I have Vancouver+ installed but I noticed this issue before installation. I have run both of their setup utilities to no avail. I will keep trying, I just wish there was a way to find an original terrain.cfg from before SP2 so I could back it up that way. SP2 runs well and I don't want to lose it. Of course I wish I could edit stuff like that then this would be a non-issue. Thanks for your help! Let me know if there is anything I might be missing!!Mark

Mark, are you sure it's only the vancouver area that is missing it's inland water? Have you looked around elsewhere? I'm asking because the same thing happened to me not long ago and it turned out that my scenery priority settings were wrong. when I corrected that all my inland water was back.

Guest Mark2112

To be honest I have only observed the Vancouver area. Across the straight in Victoria, everything is ok. What order should the priority settings be? I will have to take a look at that. Thanks,Mark

Mark, please refer to your Vancouver+ pdf manual for scenery library order. And ensure that you have run:Start->All Programs->FSAddon->Vancouver+ FSX->Uninstall Vancouver+ FSX then chosen the Repair button, and clicked ok.JOn

Guest Doods

I had the same problem only in Ontario the only way i could get it back was YES reinstall FSX

Guest Mark2112

That did the trick!! I now have a wonderful water filled harbor again!Thanks to all who have helped, it is greatly appreciated!Mark

Excellent, Mark, thanks for checking back in... Happy flying!Jon