Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FS Navigator Gone - Who is going to replace it????

Guest bill0317a

I was reading that FS Navigator was not going to be developed any further. :( I was looking forward for a version for FSX.I have noticed that REX and Hifisim may be developing something, but are they going to be separate products and when are they going to be ready for the public. Also, what about FEX?I have been saving my $$ - but don't want to have to spend soooo much for so many products.HELP!!

Guest bill0317a

Thanks Mad Dog, but does this include weather with it like the other ones? Or is it just a flight planner?

I believe the guys from Hifisim are working on a new planner - XPlanner.Given their excellent past products, Active Sky Series, XPax, both a must-have for me, I am sure that this will be winner.Pat

>I believe the guys from Hifisim are working on a new planner>- XPlanner.>>Given their excellent past products, Active Sky Series, XPax,>both a must-have for me, I am sure that this will be winner.>>PatThat is a different kind of planner.

Way too early to tell. Hifisim hasn't even released a feature list, so it's hard to speculate of what kind of planner this will be.

>Thanks Mad Dog, but does this include weather with it like>the other ones? Or is it just a flight planner?Hi Bill:FS Nav did not contain a weather engine, but it was a great fs9 addon for sure. What do you mean separate products? Happy New Year :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Jim,Well, a meal planner, a wedding planner, etc. :)Happy New Year! It is safe to assume the HiFi "flight" planner will be compared to FSNav and others, specially when it comes to features that other flight planners unique. For example, will it read the simulator scenery, will it generate flight plans not only for FS, but other add ons, will it run as a module with FS or separate, or both, autorouting, etc. I'm sure details of this new flight planner will be released when appropriate. Best Regards and again, Happy New Year.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The great thing about FSNav is that it ran inside FS.I hope someone comes up with one that does also.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>The great thing about FSNav is that it ran inside FS.I hope>someone comes up with one that does also.RonAs much as I loved FSNAV, this was the one feature that I did NOT like. Having to start FS in order to run FSNAV and create a flight plan was always a PITA to me.Especially now with a lot of add ons that want to be running before FSX to import the flight plan - becomes cumbersome. Start FSX - start 'planner' - create flight plan - save - exit FSX - start add on(s) - import flight plan - start FSX - this can get old in a hurry. MUCH prefer standalone product.Just MHO,VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest bill0317a

>>Thanks Mad Dog, but does this include weather with it like>>the other ones? Or is it just a flight planner?>Hi Bill:>>FS Nav did not contain a weather engine, but it was a great>fs9 addon for sure. What do you mean separate products? >>Happy New Year :)Well what I meant was that I don't have to buy 3 or 4 separate products. It would be nice to have some of these wrapped into one product. My thought is that having several products running at once might cause my somewhat moderate system to bog down. Also, it costs A LOT of $$ over time. Happy New Year to you and All

Guest bill0317a

I know that FSNav did not have a weather engine, but it would be cool to have one with it.I could only hope :)