Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FS Navigator Gone - Who is going to replace it????

I love FSBuild. It is outside FSX the way all fight planners are outside the aircaft.I do flight planning as an independent task. Then I fly like I do for real and try to enter the waypoints in the GPS (Garmin or KLN).The only time I import is...when I fly very long distance inside Lvd D or PMDGI have never felt the need for another Flight planner.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Vince333

Just purchased FSCommander..Stand alone program...not intergrated like FSNav was...for me it's a pain when using on 2nd monitor.Doesnt resize on 2nd monitorDoesnt show approach hdg's for rwy'sCant use if full window mode...TERRIBLE cant move other items to 2nd monitor.Other small but important things..Does have some positive aspects...Planner, etc.From 1 to 10, with 10 being the best..I rate FSNav at an 8 and FSC for me comes in at a 5.As far as I know it's pretty much the only game in town. FS Buld and Google Earth were suggested as replacements.If somebodys developing a replacement for FSNav it MUST be integrated like FSNav was... I bet whoever comes up with on would make a few $$$$$ as allot of people miss FSNav and would certainly purchase a comprable product.FWIW...My 2 cents...Vince

I Bought FS commander without demoeing it (My mistake)Then found it wasn't integrated and have not used it.Learning experience for me.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

The other thing to keep in mind, is that you can still use your FS Navigator, indirectly, to plan flights in FSX. If you still have FS9 installed, just create them in FS9 and export them to the FS9 as you normally would in FS Navigator. Then, when you run FSX, load the FS9 flightplans by browsing over to the older FS9 saved flightplans folder in the My Documents Flightsimulator Files directory. Select the appropriate flightplan, load it and there ya go. You do not have to recreate them in FSX. I do it all of the time. Once you amass a bunch of saved flightplans, just copy and paste them into the My DocumentsFlightSimulator X Files folder, if you want to. Not necessary, however.Doug Horton, if you read this, maybe you could include this tip in Horton's Tips for FSX in Computer Pilot??!!Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

>OKflight etc like map view in FS.It was a lot quicker.RonI agree, the moving map access from inside FS was the key highlight for FSNav, and a must for any new planner. It would be great if a new planner could be accessible both without FSX running and from inside FSX when it is running.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Guest bjablonka

Has anyone tried FS Widgets? How does that compare?

Manny-The problem I had with FS Build was that once a flightplan was created, short of deleting waypoints, I found it next to impossible to edit it and move waypoints around as you could in FS Nav, and as you would do in an real FMC using the scratch pad. Maybe I missed something. Also, can you print the flightplan navlog in FS Build? I couldn't figure out how to do that either! Otherwise, I liked it too. The North Atlantic tracks for over-the-pond flights is wonderful.Cheers,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

>Manny->>The problem I had with FS Build was that once a flightplan was>created, short of deleting waypoints, I found it next to>impossible to edit it and move waypoints around as you could>in FS Nav, and as you would do in an real FMC using the>scratch pad. Maybe I missed something. Also, can you print the>flightplan navlog in FS Build? I couldn't figure out how to do>that either! Otherwise, I liked it too. The North Atlantic>tracks for over-the-pond flights is wonderful.>>>Cheers,>>http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gif>>Alex Christoff>N562Z>Baltimore, MDHmm... I think I have edited the file to do whatever I want. I once tried to get the Flight plan for Kai Tak for the PMDG 747. I edited the file to get what I wanted. Its been a while since I did that.The print thingi.. Not sure. I need to check.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Lennyt

I used FSNav for years and THE big feature was its ease of use, the IN FLIGHT moving map and the ability to run it as an autopilot from start to finish. I disagree that the in flight map is a deterrent feature. Indeed the great thing about it was that you don't have to start the planner if you want but if you do a simple key press while in FS gives you that option. In addition, I fly in full screen mode not windowed which is why I always preferred it to any other implementation. Will HiFi fill THAT void? I hope so.

Agree totally.Love that program for easy use inside FS.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest bjablonka

Is HiFi working on a new version?

Guest bjablonka

Found the answer, sorry.

Well although HiFi are saying very little they can be in no doubt what the market wants and how great the disappointment will be if they don't deliver.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest waltch

Hi VicFrom postings in this thread and many other forums you will notice the following:FSNav was so extremely popular in the community because it ran within FS (at least for the "moving map" part of the program this was a huge advantage). This is also the reason why products like FS Commander will never reach the same level of popularity.If you manage to develop a program that can be started separately (for flight planning purposes) and as an option also from within FSX (for example for moving map purposes) then you would probably make everybody happy.... and I (and I am sure many other FSNav-fans) would buy the program immediately. Maybe you should take these thoughts into consideration for your product planning (and future sales budget)! Best regardsWalter