Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Lights operational with Battery switched off

I must be mis-understanding something, but I just noticed that I can light up my aircraft like a Christmas tree, even with the engine and battery off.Is this a bug, or are the landing lights powered by something else than the battery when the engine is switched off?

Bert

The APU?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Can't start an apu without the battery being on...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Oh, right, I guess so.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest RonB49

One particular plane or all planes? R-

Guest RonB49

I'll check and see what happens in my FSX. To be honest, I've just never noticed. R-

Guest RonB49

This gets curiouser and curiouser. If I start FSX and load my default flight (C172 cold and dark), then the landing light will illuminate with the battery switch off. Oddly, turning on the landing light also turns on the white positon light on the tail. No other lights come on until I turn on the battery switch.If I start FSX and load the Flight Deck 5 C-2A Greyhound first, then change to the C172, then all the C172's lights come on with the battery switch off. This is noteworthy because I noticed as soon as I installed FD5 (Christmas day) that the Greyhound's electrics and avionics are always on regardless of what position the respective switches are in. I knew there was a problem with the Greyhound, I didn't know till today that it "rubbed off" onto other palnes. Here I go again, tweak, tweak.Thanks Bert, you've given me somethong to do this afternoon.R-BTW -- If it matters, I'm running FSX and SP1, no SP2 yet. R-

>At least C172, RealAir Scout, DA Cheyenne...iI could only make a short test before my FSX CTD (addon caused). The RealAir SF260 went dark with battery and engine off, but when I switched to the default Cessna, the "L" key would turn the lights on. Wanted to switch back to the SF260, but the "end" came too fast.And of course, in real life GA airplanes, just a few essential circuits, such as a "clock", or a switched essential buss, would be off the battery & not after the master switch.L.Adamson