Sign in to follow this  
Guest simtim

Perfect Flight Fly the B717-200

Guest simtim

Greetings All,Happy New Year!Today I purchased the Perfect Flight "Fly the B717-200 X" that was just released. After a couple of test flights I can say I am pretty happy with it, and will probably fly it for many hours. However, there are a couple little quirks I would like resolved.Specifically, I cannot find the course knob, so it is rather difficult (but not impossible) to fly an ILS approach. I have temporarilly solved that by programming a joystick button in FSUIPC to adjust the course. But, it would be nice to have it on the screen. There is no manual explaining the panel - only a brief booklet explaining how to install and fly the missions.I realise this is something I should be discussing on the Perfect Flight forum - but I cannot find it. It is not listed on their website. If anyone can direct me there, please let me know.Thank you!- Tim

Can you not change the course by clicking on the course numbers shown in the top right corner of the flight display?Incidentally I'm also looking at purchasing the 717 for FSX, I got the Flight 1 Super 80 for Christmas and love it.

Guest karlh

I took a quick look at their website. It looks better than their other stuff. I've purchased two of their items in the past and wasn't pleased with either.I do have a question the I didn't see answered on their site. How does the virtual cockpit compare to other FSX cockpits. Are all the neccasary items clickable or do you need to go back to the 2D panel?I don't know what you've expierienced in the past, but where would you rate this B717-200 in realtion to the default MS aircraft and the PMDG/LevelD type aircraft?Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone,

Guest simtim

Greetings, and thanks for your replies!I do have quite a bit of experience with third-party products. I frequently use the Level-D B763 for FSX and in the past I used the PMDG 737 TNG for FS9. The virtual cockpit is not bad and certainly flyable from that position. SOME of the items in the virtual cockpit are clickable, but not all. But, in this aircraft, so far I have done most of my flying in the 2D panel. Even when on final with flaps and gear down, the airport is easily visible while in 2D mode. The plane itself is easy to handle.The Perfect Flight B712 is much better than a default FSX plane. The model is 100% gmax, and one can tell lots of effort went into the visual model. The detail does not adversely affect frame rates that much

Guest simtim

>Can you not change the course by clicking on the course>numbers shown in the top right corner of the flight display?Yes you can. Thank you very much for suggestion that. It's a "hidden click spot" I probably would have found eventually, but it helps to have someone like you out there to answer the question! :)It threw me for a loop since the spot on the ASI is listed as "DTK" instead of "CRS" like I am used to. Today I flew an ILS approach into Honolulu with no problems.Here is a screen shot I took today of the 2D cockpit while on approach: http://www.gamespot.com/users/simtim/view_...f5Ekk7hqc5Bnmlg

Greetings All, Happy New Year! Today I purchased the Perfect Flight "Fly the B717-200 X" that was just released. After a couple of test flights I can say I am pretty happy with it, and will probably fly it for many hours. However, there are a couple little quirks I would like resolved. Specifically, I cannot find the course knob, so it is rather difficult (but not impossible) to fly an ILS approach. I have temporarilly solved that by programming a joystick button in FSUIPC to adjust the course. But, it would be nice to have it on the screen. There is no manual explaining the panel - only a brief booklet explaining how to install and fly the missions. I realise this is something I should be discussing on the Perfect Flight forum - but I cannot find it. It is not listed on their website. If anyone can direct me there, please let me know. Thank you! - Tim
HelloSeriously, you are happy to purchase that ?It was total rubbish when released for FS9 and seems to be exactly the same model in FSX.Even the default FSX aircraft are better than that, could you by any chance get your money back.

Wow, a three year old thread brought up for what?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSUIPC4 and X52 or PRO. nuff said.
3 years late buddy Next time check the posting date

Funny how the criticism responses fly, but not the help. I posted it for someone else doing the same search I did, and got to this.

Respectfully,

Jet