Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Anybody 'NOT' repeat 'NOT' using FSUIPC

I am using FSUIPC in FSX with my old partition of XP.However, I am also using 2 other instances of FSX, one in a new partition of XP PRO and the other in Vista 64. Those 2 do NOT have FSUIPC. Both have SP2 and ACCELERATION. I notice NO restriction and NO difference in performance whatsoever with my OLD FSX.Any thoughts?Abe

Forgot to add that I am getting much better FPS in the new XP PRO and Vista 64 without FSUIPC.

I have FSUIPC in FSX, but not the registered version.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I don't have FSUIPC and see no reason why I should. I know someome has it because he uses it to assign various controls for various hardware (or something like that), but for normal use FSUIPC is not needed at all.

Guest Daniel42

Some add-ons, not necessarily hardware related, require it to work. Some need it to work at all, others will have extra functionality when FSUIPC is installed.Daniel

>I am using FSUIPC in FSX with my old partition of XP.>>However, I am also using 2 other instances of FSX, one in a>new partition of XP PRO and the other in Vista 64. Those 2 do>NOT have FSUIPC. Both have SP2 and ACCELERATION. I notice NO>restriction and NO difference in performance whatsoever with>my OLD FSX.>>Any thoughts?>>AbeSo you're saying that FSUIPC doesn't affect performnace? I thought that was a given anyway.

My soul would be torn apart if I had to choose between Ultimate Terrain and FSMMovingMap. I might never find my way home from the Rockies without the FSUIPC link to the moving map; for me, at least, it's an essential for VFR touring...perhaps replacement utilities don't need it, but it's what I have relied on for several years now.Loyd

In NO way I am knocking down FSUIPC. As I mentioned earlier I am using it in FS9 and in my oldest FSX installation. I probably benefit from it quite a bit. What I am saying is this: in the other 2 instances of FSX, one in XP and the other in Vista 64, I do NOT have FSUIPC installed. It does not seem that I am losing any BENEFITS. Possibly because I am not using anything that is dependant on FSUIPC.I run a navigation program (XCONN) in conjunction with GPS and mapping programs like MAPPOINT and STREETS and also Flightsim Commander (limited) flawlessly. I am sure that some of you who responded would find FSUIPC invaluable and a MUST-HAVE. The reason I started this post is more out of curiosity than anything else. And I do appreciate all the responses.Thanks.Abe