Sign in to follow this  
MickBz

FSX flight planners - a run in 2008?

Hi, Rich.Do it for yourself, the way you elected. Unless your target / goal is to make money, stop listening to others, that is a sure way of stopping progress. If later on, you decide to go Payware keep that in the back of your mind and keep the hooks in for it. Keep it focused, simple and forge on. TV

It all sounds very good, and looks good too ;)I look forward to your release(s)

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Hi, Rich.>Do it for yourself, the way you elected. Unless your target />goal is to make money, stop listening to others, that is a>sure way of stopping progress. If later on, you decide to go>Payware keep that in the back of your mind and keep the hooks>in for it. Keep it focused, simple and forge on. TV>Now why would you post that? Rich posted his message to field opinions into a planner for 3rd party use, so we gave him ideas we'd like to see. No one is forcing him to release it or do what we ask. Either you're afraid of payware because you don't like to pay people for their time or you underestimate Rich's abilities.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest RonB49

>Do it for yourselfI agree. Any other way it may never get done. R-

>Rich posted his message to field>opinions into a planner for 3rd party use, so we gave him>ideas we'd like to see. No one is forcing him to release it>or do what we ask.I concur.

Hi,Just a 'Penny' worth.If its freeware then all the best, there's goodcompetition tho; but if you want to go paywareand WIN, then inside FSX will be the killer. No-bodyelse has cracked it as yet?? H.A.N.D.

Guest -BeNt-

I agree my major dislike with FS Commander is it isn't a "module" version. I mean it isn't actually integrated into FSX and you have to run it as a separate program. As well it is missing some of the more fun aspects of FSNav as eluded to, creating your own sid/stars, autopilot functions, exports to FS format plans etc. I really miss FSNav after my move to FSX.Totally on topic, if this is done right a man could make a bevy of money off this idea, especially if you fill the gaps losing FSNav has caused and the added features that FS Commander is missing. Not to mention I really like the screen shots you showed it looks clean, clear, and concise. Keep up the work it will pay off in the long run, just listen to the users requests and fill them in where appropriate.

I don't know how many people are aware of this but you can load FS9 plans into FSX.So you could install a barebones FS9, add FSNav and then use those plans in FSX.Of course you wouldn't be able to have a moving map but if you just want to use the flight planning element of FS Navigator it would work.I've looked at FS Commander and FS Build but neither really appeal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Hi-Fi Simulation are working on a FSX planner which came top of the 'most wanted' poll they ran several months ago.They won't say if they're working on one but logic tells me that if they weren't they would say so. Therefore I think they are and will announce it in due course.I'd forgotten all about the planner in this topic. I guess the author either hit a programming wall or hasn't enough time to complete it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest -BeNt-

I use FS Commander along with FS Build in FSX. I used Fs Build and FSNav in FS9 when I ws still flying it. But it seems rather stupid to install and run FS9 just so you can use FSNav to build flight plans doesn't it? I can make flight plans natively inside of FSX and use FS Build for long flight, or even pull the flight plans from website and build them with FS Build. The thing I miss mainly about FSNav is being able to tell what city,state, and country you happen to be flying over at the time, the ability to me able to put your mouse somewhere on the screen and it tell you the direct track and mileage from that destination and of course it being a native module inside the sim instead of a 'stand alone' application.

<Why would it be stupid? It seems quite reasonable for those that don't have any FSX flight planning software.<>Yes you can the FSX planner and if you just go with what it recommends it won't be a problem. But if you want to amend the plan and include SID waypoints you'll tear your hair out in frustration because it is an awful piece of software. And what do those who don't have FSBuild do?<>That's easily solved. FS Earth uses Google Earth. I use it in both FS9 and FSX. And FS Navigator never told you what city you were flying over anyway. It only contained aeronautical information - not geographical.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Been using FS9/FSNAV combo for FSX flight plans for a long time. Works great.

<>That's easily solved. FS Earth uses Google Earth. I use it in both FS9 and FSX. And FS Navigator never told you what city you were flying over anyway. It only contained aeronautical information - not geographical.I use both MAPPOINT and STREETS in conjunction with Xconnect, displayed on my 2nd monnitor. You can choose any mapping detail you want and know your exact location at all times.

Hi Clayton,Thanks for asking. Unfortunately developments in my day job have slowed the project to a crawl.Regards,Rich

thats unfortunate Rich, but keep up the good work ! we are all waiting for your flight planner very very enthusiastically!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram