Sign in to follow this  
byork

BEX Errors with FSX

I am starting to get errors when closing down FSX and now they are starting during the flight as well. They all point to BEX and after you close it then up will come the DEP error from windows.I see a few messages about this around but nothing that points to an issue.FSX with SP2 (No acceleration), FSInn1.3/FSCopilot1.7, running under Vista Ultimate with UAC turned off and FSX run as administrator.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

It seems BEX Event Name errors are a pretty common with Windows; not just Vista, and most often occurs when opening an application. From the forums I've been on tonight I haven't found any answer for you, except to say that there are dozens of issues (like the one below) reported. This could easily be IE7, Media Player 11 - or FSX. I think you need to call Microsoft Support direct. Sorry.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest firehawk44

I agree with Paul J.... a lot of things could cause this problem BUT since you also got the DEP error, I strongly suspect there's an incompatibility with one of the addon programs you installed in FSX. FSInn or FS Copilot MAY be the problem(s) and I suggest you uninstall these programs (one at a time) and see if they fix your problem. Also, if you were flying an aircraft made with FS9 tech and upgraded to FSX at the time of the crash, it could be a problem with one of the gauges that's trying to seek a memory address and Vista DEP sees it as an illegal op so it shuts FSX down. Did you receive more info in the Event Viewer regarding the BEX Event error? It should have included a module or file that caused the error. That should helop find the app that might be causing your problem. I had the DEP error too shortly after upgrading to SP2 and it turned out to be a bad install of my updated display drivers. I reinstalled them and the problem went away. I also installed Service Pack 1 (beta) to Vista which now shows my correctly installed memory (4GB) under system properties. It also corrected some constant errors I was receiving in the Event Viewer concerning the proper usage of IRQ's. Anyway, my system seems much more stable since this upgrade and I've heard similar reports around the Internet. If you haven't done so, I would suggest you upgrade and see if this fixes your problem(s). You can always uninstall if it somehow messes up your system.Best regards,Jim

>I am starting to get errors when closing down FSX and now>they are starting during the flight as well. They all point to>BEX and after you close it then up will come the DEP error>from windows.>I see a few messages about this around but nothing that points>to an issue.>Excuse my ignorance, but what is "BEX"?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You can't.Turning off DEP might solve it for some but it's a very important feature of windows - I wouldn't turn it off.I got many BEX errors too, gave up on FSX and tried again 2 years later.I'm still getting errors but mainly on shutdown and no more BEX. Got lucky I guess :)