Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Cockpit Windows

Guest Knikolaes

I recently bought a payware aircraft that stated they were FSX compatible. I checked their support forum, but cannot register there (page cannot be displayed when you try to register) so I will ask here in a general sense to fix the issue myself.In FSX with SP2 and Acceleration, this aircraft has solid windows. you cannot see out. Someone mentioned elsewhere that the steps to fix this were to:Use DXTBMP to open the texture.Export the Alpha to the default editor (in my case i used Windows Paint)Make the alpha a DARK color (by default the included Alphas are white almost)SAVE the Alpha.Refresh the alpha in DXTBMPSAVE the completed work as DTX5 (the original as shipped from the developer is DXT 1)Unfortunately after doing this (I made the alpha solid black) my windows are black and still opaque. I figured, "Okay, the author made a typo, it's supposed to be light", so i went back and this time made the Alphas white instead of black. I still saved them as DXT5 since that is what FSX is supposed to use and that did not change anything. The windows are still black.I changed both the base texture and the "_T" texture as is expected in this case to no avail.Does anyone know enough about FSX post SP2 transparency code to tell me what step I am missing?

Guest Knikolaes

In this case, the Glasair III by Aussim, but the procedure should be the same for any aircraft, shouldn't it? I mean, a transparency's a transparency.It's a GREAT product, but post Acceleration installation the windows went whacko and their forum said to do the procedure described above. O.oChris

Guest Stoopy

Assuming it's not in violation of the EULA and is OK with the AvSim folks, could you ZIp the two files up and attach them in a reply post here? I'm curious and have done this succesfully to a number of planes. And haven't yet had to modify the _T file.

Guest Knikolaes

I seriously appreciate that, but considering it is a payware product I better not post the files publicly.lemme dig into the EULA for the product and be sure. I'm also still awaiting an email from them as well but they haven't responded yet. Most likely New years backup.

Guest allenrockwell

I'm having the same issue with the windows not being clear. Does anyone know where the "fix" file is on the internet now that Aussim seems to to have gone away.Thanks