Sign in to follow this  

AVSIM Store?

Any of you ever buy from the avsim store? I sent them 2 emails since the middle of last week with nary a reply and was wondering if they are still working? I have some questions re: the goflight usb equipment stacks that they sell and i want to buy for fsx.

Still no word from the store. I guess they are out of business.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

No, Marty has been busy shipping out FSX to our conference attendees, and only came back to work yesterday. So, I am sure you will hear from him soon.

Guest AOA

HiI bought a CH Yoke not long ago and it took three weeks to get it from the Avsim store.I want to support Avsim but that was too long and they need to do better.Pete

Yeah well it's been 10 days with 3 emails and no response so i am assuming that they are either out of business or too busy with other life issues. I'll email the manufacturer for more info at this point.

so i am assuming that they are either out of business or too busy with other life issues.I hardly think out of business is applicable. Don't you think Tom would have mentioned that since he addressed you personally? Dealing with "other life issues" might seem annoying to you, but I'm sure they do the best they can given their situation and circumstances. Give'em a break...

I won't argue the semantics of the meaning of the word 'store' with you at this point but suffice it to say I have given them a break and emailed the manufacturer in my quest for info for a purchase. I, like the other guy, wanted to make a purchase from them to support avsim but i can't very well do that if they won't return my queries. Sorry to have annoyed you.

Thanks for the apology, but I'm really not annoyed. You see, my purchase(s) from the AVSIM 'store' have all arrived timely. YMMV...

>Thanks for the apology, but I'm really not annoyed. You see,>my purchase(s) from the AVSIM 'store' have all arrived timely.>YMMV...I was speaking rhetorically...Hey congrats on your purchases. I'm sure if i could get my questions answered then I too could place an order and join the avsim store happy camper club. :)________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>>I was speaking rhetorically...>...and I was speaking sarcastically. I recognize rhetoric. Please don't assume I don't. Anyway...it wasn't so much a rush to flame your post as it was to defend a rather hard working group who volunteer time and effort to make this site and it's news/forums available to us. I see the AVSIM store as second to the site itself and as such would not consider myself slighted if my order were delayed in process due to that fact. While this is my input on the matter, I do not feel your different point of view is invalid. It's just unfortunate you feel this way. Maybe things will work out in the future.Regards,

Guest AOA

Hey DaveI see your interested in GoFlight.Why don`t you order it direct from them.http://www.goflightinc.com/order/index.phpI bought some of that stuff awhile back and got prompt service and support.And at least you wont have folks telling you to sit and behave and Avsim will get around to you when it feels like it.Pete

I sent them an email this morning Pete. I found a few posts out there that say that goflight takes its sweet time responding to people too so i may not be getting answers any sooner this way but at least i doubled my chances. How do you like their products? I'm looking at buying 4 or 5 of their modules and wondered how they were working for you and if they were hard to setup?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Just a heads up on this to tell you that I never did hear from either of them after several emails each. This is a disturbing trend in this hobby as I am having the same problem with a few other vendors as well. Very frustrating.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

<<>>I agree Astrodave. I recently purchased $1500 of GoFlight gear. The brand new MCP PRO has the "freezing" issue described in the release notes. I have been sending emails to GoFlight for eight days, but the only I reply so far was essentially "my tech guy will get back to you." I tried to sign up for the support forum (which they also do not seem to monitor), but the process failed. Very poor support experience so far, confirming what others are saying in the forums.On a positive note, JD at RadarContact answered my questions within a few hours or less. Fantastic support for a $44 product.Regards,Rich