Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

erratic slew mode

Guest jlwoodward

I wonder if someone can help me out on this. In Instant Scenery you use the aircraft and slew it around to position objects. Sometimes this works fine. Many times though it is really touchy and jumpy. After hitting Y the aircraft can slew forward for miles before you catch it. The 5 key will stop it for an instant, then it will go forward again. You can use the arrow keys for the other directions but as soon as you release them it is gone again. You can drag the plane back with the reverse arrow key but the motion is very slow, and then stop it with 5, but then it heads forward again. Sometimes even if you stop it with 5 and hold the key down, it will still start forward.All this appears to happen with or without the scenery program running. This is with FSX SP1 and Vista. I never used slew that much before to know if also happened with FS9 or XP.Thanks

Do you have a joystick or another controller attached? Make sure it is centered before you enter Slew mode. ;)

> After hitting Y the aircraft can slew>forward for miles before you catch it.>Before entering slew mode, ensure your aircraft is at rest and pause the sim. Now, select Options/Siimulation rate/Slowest, press Y then to orient the aircraft north, only then unpause. You should be able to position the aircraft with your joystck.George

Also, if you have multiple controllers, make sure slew commands are not assigned to each controller. I have a ch yoke with a Saitek x45 and if there are any commands duplicated to both controllers, things go haywire.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

>I wonder if someone can help me out on this. In Instant>Scenery you use the aircraft and slew it around to position>objects. Sometimes this works fine. Many times though it is>really touchy and jumpy. After hitting Y the aircraft can slew>forward for miles before you catch it.-SNIP->running. This is with FSX SP1 and Vista. I never used slew>that much before to know if also happened with FS9 or XP.>>ThanksI always disable controllers in the drop-down menu before I enterslew mode. Then use the numeric keypad controls to position the aircraft when doing scenery adjustmentsadditions or operationsin ADE or FSPlanner. A simple click of the mouse...I find this method is much better when trying to acurately positionthe aircraft at a given point.I have multiple controllers attached and if I enter slew mode withoutdisabling them I will wind up a VERY long way from my initial position. Paul

Wide-5.jpg