Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

FSX Configuration File

Where is it?I'm sure this has been asked like I saw many times for FS9, but I can't find the configuration file for FSX in Vista. Apparently it is not named fsx.cfg since a search turns up nothing.

Art

Guest PPSFA

Doc and Settings/YOURuserName/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX

Guest jlwoodward

Vista seems really bad with searches. There is a scenery.cfg in the FSX root directory, but there are also 3 more copies of it placed in various locations. My first search turned up none whatsoever. You almost have to know where they are to tell Vista to go there and search for them. I don't know if the same is true for fsx.cfg, but I found that if you make a change you have to change all of the files or it will be ignored.If only I had XP back------

Guest Heynow

Be sure Vista is set to show hidden files. Do a search for hidden files and it will show you how to change the setting. Once that's done you should be able to see the fsx.cfg file as noted in the other posting.Good luck!

Would also suggest going here:https://www.tweakfs.com/store/...and get their free fsx cfg utility. Not only can you easily pull up parameters-but one click pulls up the fsx.cfg file. Also as mentioned make sure show hidden files are selected.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

The scenery.cfg file in the FSX root directory is a "template" file. Do not make any changes to it unless you like living dangerously! ;)The same applies to all the other default "template" configuration files!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Doc and Settings/YOURuserName/Application Data/Microsoft/FSXThis looks like a path in Windows XP. The path in Vista that I was following is Desktop>UserName>AppData which contains "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming" folders. All of these folders contain "Microsoft" folders, and the Microsoft folders in "Local" and "Roaming" also contain FSX folders. When I found the FSX folder in "Local" I didn't look further, and I finally have looked in "Roaming" and found the fsx.cfg file. Under Vista, the FS9 folder is also in this location, at least on my computer.Thank you everyone for your replies. :)

Art

Guest PPSFA

That was for XP, sorry I missed the Vista thing.