Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

API.dll

Guest Pilot533

I kep getting an api.dll crash, its really fustrating, im using the latest nvidia drivers, whats goign on? Im using fsx sp2 dx9.

Guest Pilot533

Ok, just reinstalled my drivers and direct x, then i tried a flight ans got a simconnect crash! Its one thing after another, im starting to think God doesnt want me to use fs anymore...

Guest abulaafia

You are o/c your pc. Is it properly stress-tested? Get Prime95 and Everest and check for memory issues. Run the Prime test on all cores for AT LEAST 6 hours.

Guest Pilot533

Thansk for the reply, but trust me thats not the reason, I can assure you this system is stable. Its something else causing this crash, does anyone know anything about api.dll?

Guest Pilot533

Just reinstalled directx, I dont know if it wokred but I didnt get an api crash this time, instead it was a simconnect crash.... I really dont know what to do here.

Usually api.dll, simconnect.dll any .dll crash in FSX is related to corrupt scenery. I have had some issues with FSX crashing and I've had every .dll file at one time or another as the culprit.I only started to receive these errors after really pushing the sliders to the right. I beleive there are some instances where FSX and the scenery cannot stay in synch with each other resulting in the crash.I have relaxed some of my scenery settings and the issue has seemingly disappeared. The relaxed settings being terrain texture resolution, scenery complexity and autogen.

Guest Pilot533

Thanks for the reply. My settings arent very far right, scenery is only at dense, and resolutions arent that high, I might try a vista re-install. If it is what you said about scenery keeping in sync, thats pretty terrible, that after 2 years ms still cant produce a product that allows you to run it on high settings without crashing. Geeze its bad enough that fsx preforms so much worse than even crysis, but now it crashes too.