Sign in to follow this  
vsukpadman

FSX SP2 vista Nvidia Magic Bullet .. this REALLY works !

Done some more investigation on this..heres what I foundwith DX10 preview ON , this trick works..frame rates are very high.with DX10 preview OFF , the trick does NOT work...frame rates are low and the same maximised or reduced.Problem is, with DX10 preview ON, I cant get AA to work at all well except by using the AA tickbox in game (which I believe is set to 2x), Nhancer does not seem to work in Directx10 preview mode (this is reported as a bug/feature by many)Does anyone have DX10 preview on, AND is getting sharp AA, if so , how?cheersBill PLondon

Guest kolaf

I can verify this. Whereas there was no difference in DX9, switching to DX10 preview increased the frame rate when switching from windowed to fullscreen or reduce the window. However, the problem with this is that, even though the frame rate is good, I get microstutters which make the sim unpleasant to use.

>Bernd, I haven't tried it but Jim is probably right...FSX>multimonitor support may be the culprit there:-)They did it so that we don't have to "undock" windows anymore to drag them over. I for one much prefer it to FS9.

Bill, I got it to work with 169.28 drivers. Check it on in the game with ansiotrophic (not trilinear) and make sure your driver settings 'use application settings'. Also, make sure you set antialiasing gamma correction and supersampling on.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

JJAthnx for the info..yet MORE new Nvidia drivers ...hmm quantity over quality springs to mind :-) LOLwill give them a try ..cheersBill P

>This is a magic bullet for me, and im not imagining it!>any ideas why?I've seen this a lot in my work, albeit with 2D video rendering rather than 3D rendering, but I imagine the principle is the same.A lot of video drivers are optimized for the case where the horizontal resolution of the display surface is a multiple of 4 (or sometimes 2, or possibly even 8 or 16 depending on the driver and the hardware). I'm guessing that your frame rate shoots up whenever your window size hits such a multiple, and drops when the resolution is an "odd" number.Obviously in full screen mode this shouldn't be an issue since the horizontal resolution will always be a multiple of some fairly high power of 2.Colin

Guest krazy

Hello, i'm running dx10 on a amd 6000 at 3.02 and 4 gigs ram and nvidia 8800 gtx 768. i have gotton results that work for me. Average frames 25 in cities and 40 to 60 every where else.first running 169.12 drivers from evgaNvidia control panel - Program settings - ms flight simulator xanisotropic filtering 16xantialasing-gamma correction onantialasing-mode overrideantialasing-setting 4xantialasing-transparency offconformant texture damp offerror reporting onextension limit offforce mipmaps nonemulti-display single displaystereo use on boardtexture filtering anisotropic offtexture filtering negative lod allowtexture filtering quality hightexture filtering trilinear offtreaded optimization offtriple buffering offtexture filtering offvertical sync use appliction settingfltsimx -dx10graphics everthing on full except light bloom Scenery detail - largemesh comp. 75mesh res. 19tex. res. 30water aff. 2.xland detail onscenery comp. fullautogen denseno shadowsspecial affects fulltraffic default or slightly betterweather default or slightly bettercfg fileFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.50TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000only 3 changesi enjoy flying around vancouver and vancouver island with van+ and vic+ and get frames from low twenties to 50.attached screen shot of london downtown avg over 25 frames maybe these setting might help.

Colinvery interesting stuff..you would think Microsoft would maybe mention this, as its NOT obvious to go from windowed maximised , to windowed sized..Most people will use maximised , which kills the frame rate.I discovered it completely by accident :-)thnx for the infoBill P

Thanks for the settings...I notice you are not using Nhancer, but setting direct from the nvidia control panel .Im still not happy with my performance in FSx at all , given that I have a Dual xeon 3 gig, 3 gig ramNvidia Ultra 8800I will experiment with your suggestions..there SURELY is a way to make this setup "fly" :-)CheersBill p

It always used to be the case that windowed mode didn't use all the features of your graphics card.Could be that the DX10 features active when in full screen are simply not working when in windowed mode and therefore, without the extra processing, the FPS increases...

Hiyadont think so, The conundrum is not windowed vs full screen , its SIZED windowed vs maximised windowed mode.In other words I get good fps at Full screen and sized windowed mode, (30-40 average)but any traffic (online for example kills it) It just doesnt LOOK that fantastic . and 10-15 with maximised windowed mode.But I cant use full screen as my second monitor is rendered useless (ie I suffer from it being blacked out in full screen)CheersBill P

This is very odd.Just upgraded my PC to a quad core overclocked beastie, and am seeing really nice framerates fullscreen - 30-40 in many places, and good teens in cities (where even my old 2.4 core duo struggled with a slideshow).But in windowed mode I am down to 7 fps. MUCH worse than my old PC. Which is bad, since I like to do other things when I cruise, and FSX hates alt-tab.I've just tried the suggestion here - resize to 99% of window instead of maximising - and I have a complete solution. I'm back to perfectly good frames in windowed mode.How strange. Thought it worth reporting for those also struggling with it. And thanks to the OP - I'm now a much happier flier!

Paul Skol

Looks like the screenshot have been deleted. Can you post it in Photobucket or Imageshack, because here it will be deleted again.By the way, i can't enable AA in windowed mode in SP2 with nHancer. Didn't have a problem with it in SP1. Anyone knows how to enable AA in SP2 DX9 windowed mode?Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

No probs here with AA with Nhancer in DX9.I think it very much depends on your driver.make sure in Nhancer that not only is AA enabled in the profile, but also GLOBAL settings..It would seem that step is vital to get AA in FSLots of posts about this in the forums -good luck !CheersBill P