Sign in to follow this  
vsukpadman

FSX SP2 vista Nvidia Magic Bullet .. this REALLY works !

Guest awheeler

I'm having the same effect by going to an unmaximized windowed screen. I can expand the window side to side or to the top of the screen and keep the increased (approx 30% versus maximized screen) FPS but the instant I pull the screen down to touch the taskbar the FPS drop.I'm using FSX with SP1 and SP2 and video is a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT/512. Al Wheeler

Guest awheeler

>I'm having the same effect by going to an unmaximized>windowed screen. I can expand the window side to side or to>the top of the screen and keep the increased (approx 30%>versus maximized screen) FPS but the instant I pull the screen>down to touch the taskbar the FPS drop.>>I'm using FSX with SP1 and SP2 and video is a Nvidia GeForce>8800GT/512. >>Al Wheeler It occurred to me I should have stated that I am using Vista Home Premium. In the meantime I looked for the same effect on an XP installation of FSX that has SP1 but not SP2. That computer is using an ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128 video card. On the XP machine I did not see the effect. Considering the number of differences between the two installations of FSX I guess I can only say that the windowed screen FPS effect could be related to Vista, FSX XP2 or the video card. Not much help but thought I'd pass it along.Al Wheeler

Guest DreamFleet

I set up with the default 172 on RW 34 at SEA with "minimal" scenery density and no traffic (just wanted to see the max I could get).In windowed mode I was getting about 45 fps, and in full screen the counter is jumping around a lot but it seems to top out at around 145 and bottom at about 125.I then switched to "Ultra high" scenery density in windowed mode and got about 16 fps, and in full screen about 31 fps.Overall it appears that you can at least double if not triple the frame rate depending upon your density settings in full screen mode.Of course, your mileage may vary. ;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

>No probs here with AA with Nhancer in DX9.>I think it very much depends on your driver.>make sure in Nhancer that not only is AA enabled in the>profile, but also GLOBAL settings..>It would seem that step is vital to get AA in FS>>Lots of posts about this in the forums -good luck !>>Cheers>>Bill PAA only works here in windowed mode if i enable my second monitor in dual view (but then i lose vsync). If i just use my primary monitor, AA does not work in windowed mode. I have it enabled in both profile and global in nHancer.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White