Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Tech Question re FSX & Installation Order

Hi GuysBefore i start on yet another fresh installation (been doing a great deal of tests), could you answer a question for me....?The are some addons that are far more important to me than others. Like for example, i use the PMDG744 far more than most other addon aircraft. Plus, i have important staff like FEX, GEX etc.It's becoming more apparent to me that that some addons are better or worse than others, and affect other addons in a detrimental way, thus the question....Should i install my favorite, important addons first or last? At first, i thought the answer was obvious - save the best 'til last, but as i'm not a programmer, i don't that for sure.Any input on this is most appreciated.thanks

Sorry to 'BUMP' so soon, it's just i'm sittin'ere twiddlin me thumbs, not wanting to do it wrong.....anyone...? Any ideas on this?

No ideas, apparently. I'd also save the best for last: sounds wise. I'd also only install the addons you really want. What exactly went wrong with previous addons?

My main concern is my PMDG744X but, bizarre as this sounds, almost every payware aircraft i install after this, appears to damage that installation just a little bit more!Eventually, and ESPECIALLY if i install the Wilco PIC737, the LNAV on the 744 becomes completely unuseable (aircraft cannot follow course). I THINK it's to with a file that controls magnetic direction/deviation.I say i think, because the support comming from PMDG or Wilco on the matter, has been almost 'zilch'. Not strictly true..... PMDG replied ONCE, suggesting i reistall EVERYTHING! Wilco also replied ONCE, simply referring me back to PMDG.Ouch! My head hurts!