Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hangups, audio pops on landing

Guest Heynow

Hi,I'm a newbie to FSX. Actually, my son is the user and I can't listen to him get mad at the computer anymore. The only trouble he's encountering with FSX (running with SP2 Accelerator) is on landings. Near the end of a landing, the plane hangsup and releases and the audio develops rapid pops/stutters (it sounds like popcorn in the microwave). This is, of course, wrecking his landings - making him very unhappy (which makes me unhappy). We are running the system below and have all system and driver updates. I added BUFFERPOOLS=6000000 to the fsx.cfg file. Problem still exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated!ReenieheynowIntel Core 2 Duo E6550(2.33GHz/4 MB LE Cache)ASUS P5KPL-VM Intel G31 Chipset w/6-channels Memory 1GB RAM 1023 NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 512mbWindows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Guest Calb

At precisely what point in the approach/landing does this occur ?Does this occur with *all* aircraft ?Cal - CYXX

Is he using a Force Feedback stick?Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Heynow

>>Is he using a Force Feedback stick?>>>Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65>Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS >2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T>320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs >2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 >500G 7200 HD for backup >SATA DVD burner >Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 beta>Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling >850W Thermaltake power supply>Visit the Virtual Pilot's Center>www.flightadventures.com>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg>Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/Cal, it happens during final approach and yes, it occurs will all aircraft.And yes, he is using a FF stick - Sidewinder Precision 2 to be exact. Also, as suggested throughout the site, his sliders are set in the mid-range - not maxed out.Thanks!Reenie

Guest Calb

1. Where in the "approach" does the stuttering commence and is that point consistent from landing to landing?2. Does intense hard drive activity coincide with the event?3. Has he tried unplugging the stick and flying an approach/landing with the keyboard to see if the event still occurs?I'm just trying to help isolate the source of the problem.Another idea would be to contact MS and see what they say.Cal - CYXX

Guest o76o

i was having similar problems, right before touchdown i would get major lag.I believe i fixed it by editing the line in fsx.cfg FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18 (default value 0.33)

Guest Heynow

>i was having similar problems, right before touchdown i would>get major lag.>>I believe i fixed it by editing the line in fsx.cfg>FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18 (default value 0.33)>I don't know what this adjusted, but it worked!! Finally a smooth landing.Thanks everyone for all your help - it's much appreciated!!Reenie

One more thing to consider, is to add a GB of memory.With 1 GB, Vista, and FSX, you are running right on the edge and in high load situations like when approaching an airport, something has got to give..

Bert