Sign in to follow this  
Bell417

Alaska Bush Scenery (Beta Testers Required)

Guest SHawk

Matt: I'm sorry to report that I don't think your scenery is Ready For Prime Time. I downloaded and installed the second zip file, and it did not alter (fix) the items I listed previously (I liked the crashed airplane though. Hope there weren't any injuries.) Plus you now have double runway signs for 32 on the taxiway. Although I figured out that Bold Base is on Eklutna Lake, I still couldn't find the Eklutna Lake Camp Site and Ranger Station. Flying (and finally slewing) to the lat/long you posted put me far to the east on a plateau.Without accurate directions (like a flight startup file) I think it is unlikely that anyone will ever find Fire Lake Mansion and Chugach Park (or Eklutna Lake Camp, for that matter.) As the sad Steve Fossett story taught us, it's not easy to find isolated items as small as a building or two from the air.I look forward to Version 3.

Thank you for letting me review this great scenery, I have enjoyed looking at all of the different things. I have tried to point out not only the things that need changing, but also the things I really like. I hope this is helpful to you!First of all, you should play with the scale of the objects until they look right because MS didn

Guest SHawk

Bell: Looks like you've really covered the territory. I tried to assist Matt as well, but I could only find Bold Base, even with the lat/longs he provided. How were you able to locate all of the scenery areas?

I just opened up the map and punched in the coordinates. I'll fly around and "look" for them later. Just ask if you still need help finding them.