Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Camera definitions in VC cockpit

Guest Aetos1160

I have been playing with the camera definitions for the EH101 for the last 2 days and am running into some issues. What I am trying to achieve is to have the opening screen as the Right Seat with an Initial Zoom level farther out than 0.30. I thought it was possible since the SDK mentions an Initial Zoom range from 0.0 to 512.0.Issue1: the opening screen is always the default VC Cockpit view even when I use the Cyclehidden option in the camera.cfg file from the C:... folder.Issue2: I have updated the Cockpit View def in the camera.cfg file in the C:...etc for the Zoom but no results. So, I have created a new definition in the aircraft.cfg but this one opens OK but always defaults to 1.0 even though I have changed to 0.1. It looks like I cannot go past 0.30.I hope someone can shed some lights on this. Thank you.

Don't really know if this will help (maybe you already know all about it), but in my pre-TrackIR days ;) I fooled around a lot with views. Read almost all about it in this topic:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...68544&mode=fullMaybe you can find some usefull info there. (It starts with info about hotkeys but further down the page you will find info about setting up views).Apart from that topic (and to be more to the point as far as your question is concerned): I do remember also having problems with getting a specific zoom as a default. In the end (if memory serves me well) I managed to save the desired zoom simply by starting a flight, set the zoom and save that flight as default...! Because fooling around with the cfg files just didn't do it. So you might want to try that as a work around.

Guest Aetos1160

Thanks for the link. As a matter of fact after experimenting again today , I found out that you can set the Initial Zoom from either your saved .flt file as you mentioned or modify the default .flt if you start with a free flight. These default settings will apply then to all the VC cockpits The only thing is that I still cannot go beyond the 0.30 level. It seems to be hard coded somewhere else.

Can't help you with the zoom, but if you want to always start in the FO seat, you can add the following line to the VC entry in the cameras.cfg fileInitialXyz=1.1, 0.0, 0.0This is usually defined in the cameras section of the aircraft.cfg file, and can vary, allow it's nomally in the 1.0 to 1.1, 0.0, 0.0 area. You will need to make a copy of the existing entry first, and assign a new GUID to it, so you can cycle to the left seat should you want to. I think the SDK shows you how to do that!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d