Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Auto traffic driving across runways?

So far I have 2 airports KJFK and KBOS where I have auto traffic driving thru the airports and across the runways.I do have AFCAD's installed for both APs.Anyone else have this problem?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest BOPrey

Farmingdale(KFRG) I am having xing the ramp where I park my plane.

Yep!Same exact thing at KJFK, don't know about KBOS but I will take a peek. I do have Ultimate TerrainX. I don't know if they did the same thing prior to that installation or not, but suspect that they did.Happy Flying:RTH

Guest JimC1702

I think it's an Ultimate Terrain thing. It puts the roads in accurate locations, but unfortunately, the aiports are not placed accurately by Microsoft.Then again there are many airports (JFK for example) where public roads run under or over taxi-ways. I guess that in FSX they would be on the same level.Jim

I do have UTX.At KBOS they keep circling the parking garage but are still on the AP grounds so probably is the placement by UTX.Just wanted to make sure it was not just me.Ron

I have the same issue with several airports and it is due Ultimate Terrain X. I posted the problem in the UTX forum and the answer was basically, no solution. Bob..

No big deal then as long as we know what is causing it.Ron

Hmmm, I've run into airport vehicles crossing the runway I was on at KORD, and no add-ons installed..Mind you, I did not ask for permission to land, so maybe the traffic would have cleared if I had.. ;-)

Bert

>I have the same issue with several airports and it is due>Ultimate Terrain X. I posted the problem in the UTX forum and>the answer was basically, no solution. >>Bob..Well, there is a solution. Either UTX is slightly inaccurate (which I doubt) or the airport positioning is slightly inaccurate (more likely).The solution is to fix whichever one is inaccurate. And this can be done; if the UTX traffic line is off, then it can be moved by them, or actually anyone could do it using FSX_KML.If the airport is slightly inaccurate, then it too can be "adjusted" using any of the tools (ADE, FSXPlanner, etc.).If, however, the cars go under the airport (such as at KDFW), I have found the best simple solution is to simply stop the car traffic lines before entering the airport bounds, again using FSX_KML. The less-simple solution would be very complex with a gmax tunnel, etc.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I might add to this thread...if you go to Panama in real life, there are a couple of airports where the highways pass right over the runway!Granted these are small airstrips, but one of the roads is THE PAN AMERICAN HIGHWAY (not exactly a low-traffic road :) ), which crosses the Rio Hato airstrip (Rio Hato is a Panamanian Army base, one place where forces loyal to Manuel Noriega gave stiff resistance in 1989).I hope to eventually model this traffic crossing the runway in FS when I get to editing the Rio Hato area.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB