Sign in to follow this  
Guest djholmes1200

Add-on aircraft not working after Acceleration install

Guest djholmes1200

Well this is pretty annoying. After installing Acceleration/SP2, I discovered that none of my add on aircraft were displaying correctly. They work, but have no textures at all. They're completely white. I completely uninstalled Acceleration and FSX and all add-ons. I removed all my video drivers and ran Driver Cleaner before reinstalling them. Installed FSX and then Acceleration onto a clean, defragged partition (which really did give an awesome performance boost btw) and I'm still having the same problem. Every aircraft so far I've tried to install comes up all white with no textures. This includes many Alphasim planes, CaptainSim, Abacus, PMDG, and others. They are mostly all FSX versions. Worked fine before SP2. All the regular planes work fine. As a side note, I'm also having the issue others have mentioned with the progressive taxi not showing up. I was having the runway flickering problem but it seems that has gone away with the reinstall.I'm running Vista 64, 8800GTS 640mb, AMD X2 6000+ @ 3.2ghz. I've tried different graphic settings with no luck. Not sure what to do here as I essentially can't use any add on planes I have.

Guest UlfB

Do you have these problems when running FSX in DX9 mode and using nVIDIA drivers version 169.25?Ulf B

You havnt been reading the forums. Most of these issues are SP2 related which is included in acceleration and most only occur on FS9 planes upgraded to fsx not those made using the FSX SDK, Read around there are fixes and most developers should be doing SP2 updates we hope.

Missing textures is primarily and issue with DX10 preview as it seems that only the 'DDS' texture format is now supported. It will require quite a few programming hours to do this conversion as the aircraft model file will require an update to change the texture mappings.Anyway, for now you can run in non-DX10 mode as the video drivers are not quite up to snuff. I believe that the shaders are not yet optimized especially with clouds. The result is long stutters even on a high-end machine.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

FSX will allow us to convert DXTn .BMP file to DDS/DXTn files which will eliminate the problem. No change to the .mdl file is necessary.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest djholmes1200

Ah, ok thanks. I was confused. I thought I had tried DX9 mode but I guess not. That seems to work. These do all have .bmp textures. Do you mean I can convert them myself and they should work?