Sign in to follow this  
migar

Following AI Aircraft.

Hi All.Is it possible to set the camera cfg to follow an AI aircraft for the aircrafts entire flight, as you could with the FS9 Traffic View Board program?Cheers Michael.

It's already in there, just right click on a 3D window, go to the Air Traffic menu item, and in the flyout will be a list of the current AI aircraft (or at least as many as will show on the screen anyway). You can also use the A and SHIFT-A keys to cycle forward/back through the list of AI aircraft. This will be a spot view style camera on the AI aircraft.

Thanks for responding Tim. I have tried that but it reverts back to the user aircraft after 40 miles or so. I was hoping to be able to follow AI to their destination.Thanks Michael.

Guest tcable

That's because FS Only processes a 'bubble' of AI aircraft for about 40 miles around you. I have no idea of the actual setting, or if it could be altered. I would imagine that AI is actually processor intensive.Imagine processing ALL of the AI you have installed at once- we'd be into seconds per frame at that point.Tim

The "Active AI Zone" to use Jim Vile's term varies according to the type of aircraft and several other factors.In general AI jet transport aircraft will be active up to 108 nm away from the user aircraft.GA type single engine piston aircraft - about 40 nm.There are some variations in some locations due to ATC boundaries - Europe is especially hit by this one, and other items.KSAN - San Diego only extends about 40 miles north and east of the city, but 100 miles west and south. It does not extend 100 nm north because all the LA airports and traffic would be active.There is a pretty sharp dividing line over the English Channel to keep EHAM and EGLL from both loading at the same time. There is one between Boston and JFK. Anywhere there are potentially heavy use airports less than 200 nm apart - there seems to be a boundary to avoid the performance hit.There was an FS2004 tool which was setup to make the user aircraft "attach" to an AI aircraft and follow it through out it's entire flight path.If the user aircraft stays close enough to the AI aircraft - the entire flight can be followed. I've done it flying across the Atlantic.Traffic View Board was the tool for FS2004 - I have no idea if anyone as figured out how to update it for FSX.Edit - found this http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=7209&mode=full

Thanks all for the information. Looks like I will have to wait to see what evolves.Cheers Michael.