Sign in to follow this  

A great freeware plane

Is this an FSX aircraft? FS9 disapearing prop textures are a no go for me.

>Is this an FSX aircraft? FS9 disapearing prop textures are a>no go for me. Well, you could have simply looked in the Library and read the "readme" file... ;)There are two installers: one for FS9 and another for FSX.The authors state that it will work provided you are NOT running "DX10 Preview."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the info Bill, much appreciated.Interestingly I was recently mailed a flyer from PC Aviator selling amongst other things the F1 ATR 72-500. While the flyer itself said the aircraft is "Exclusively" designed for FS2004 AND FSX, one can reasonably question whether it would actually work in the DX10 preview mode. ie There was no mention of that.I guess the question is this... Is there a standard amongst the FS world that says that designed for FSX means that it will work in SP1, SP2 and DX10 or is it SP2, but not DX10. What does FSX compatibility really mean these days? Maybe we need a standard like FSX 1.0 for SP1, FSX 1.1 for SP2 and FSX 1.2 for DX10 preview.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest JimC1702

The readme did state that the plane hadn't been tested with SP2, but I can report that it works just fine with AcceleratiionSP2.It's fun to take off from the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome and fly up and down the Hudson Valley.Jim

Guest Lith1um

This is a very nice aircraft. Nothing bad to say about it, but I wish the vc textures were high res.I like the Biplane Rides caption. Gives you that "waldo pepper" barn storming feeling. That must have been a great time back then, touring around and giving rides to thrilled crowds.

>Is this an FSX aircraft? FS9 disapearing prop textures are a>no go for me. You do realize, that in most cases you can fix those props pretty easily?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My grandpa saw a barnstorming show here in Cape back in the 1920's. One time he told me all about it. He said they were offering rides but he didn't do it.It would have been something to see.And my dad saw KSTL filled with LOCKHEED CONSTELLATIONS back in the 50's. He said no one thought anything of it back then. Today, what a sight that would be...triple tails all around. Those old people saw some neat stuff.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>Well, you could have simply looked in the Library and>read the "readme" file... ;)>>There are two installers: one for FS9 and another for FSX.>>The authors state that it will work provided you are>NOT running "DX10 Preview."Yes it works in FSX, but I was wondering if its a true FSX aircraft, which it it not. It has the same prop issue all FS9 aircraft have.