Sign in to follow this  
JMR

FSX Has Made Me A More Realistic Pilot I Think

Guest machammer

I am using Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital with an older Nividia Card with 1.63 drivers 7800GT 256MB. Tried 1.69 but worse.I got tired of the CTD when I switched windows. Spot view to Virtual Cockpit view and switching to different gauges. So now I start in Windowed view and set everything up switching windows as needed while parked. Taxi to runway and take off in window view. After I get airborne I switch to full screen 3 monitor Virtual Cockpit view for the rest of the flight till I'm parked at the gate. No switching from cockpit to spot or any other views during the flight. After all real pilots can't do that. I have forced myself to stay in the virtual cockpit.Now am I missing some of the features of FSX and add-on aircraft. Yes, but no CTD on flights are worth it. At least for now. I'm tired of spending more time trying to fix the CTD problem and very little flying. Which is why I bought FSX and Add-ons.Just wanted to pass this information on to all who are/were as frustrated as me.Regards.Bill

There's some videos on YouTube showing off TripleHead2Go and I have to say it looks very impressive. It's like finally having peripheral vision when playing games whether they be flightsims or shooters plus it seems like a cost effective solution for flightsim immersion without spending thousands of dollars building a home pit.