Sign in to follow this  
Guest DigitalNoise

FSX Service Pack 2 setup was cancelled!!!

Hi Everyone Anyone else had this problem ..Brand new System FSX installed okSP1 installed okWent to install SP2 loaded so far and then I got this message saying that SP2 setup was cancelled ... no modifications have been made!!At first I thought it might be a corrupted download .. so I downloaded it again but .. alas I got the same message!Any ideas on this one Thanks in advance PaulUK

Guest diajohn2

Do you have Acceleration? It has SP2 in it.

Guest DigitalNoise

I think you have to install SP1A first.

What was the error ? Perhaps Error 1539 ? Did it simply terminate or was the installation rolled back ?Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

There wasn't any error number ... the message just basically said that Service Pack 2 setup has been cancelled and that no modifications had been made .... Very odd never seen this before ...We have to remember that this is a 'Brand new' system with only Vista Home Premium 32 Bit ... FSX and Service Pack 1 on it ..Not sure what you mean by Service pack 1A !!!I know that SP2 is on Acceleration but this system will not be having that installed on it ..CheersPaul

Bizarre!!!Ok ... the sweat is over fellas ..I have just tried installing SP2 again and it has loaded successfullyI did nothing different to the previous attempts ... so I wonder what on earth caused that???Anyway ... thanks for the input CheersPaulUK

Guest DigitalNoise

Sorry, "SP1-A" has to do with the SDK's for developers and nothing to do with this. Was Brain Phart on my part.

Guest Mower

Getting the same problem but repeated retries no good. Any other ideas/solutions?