Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

moving in VC

Although I am aware that it is possible to move up/down forward/back and to pan around within the VC, is it possible to move left / right in order to aford a better view of say the overhead more straight-on?If this is possible, could someone please advise the necessary key commands as I can't seem to find them.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Along with the other response you got, Shift-F10 brings up the knee board and one of the options shows all the keyboard actions. No pausing the sim or anything, just open and scroll to the section you're interested in.Phill

>Although I am aware that it is possible to move up/down>forward/back and to pan around within the VC, is it possible>to move left / right in order to aford a better view of say>the overhead more straight-on?>>If this is possible, could someone please advise the necessary>key commands as I can't seem to find them.>>Cheers,>StuartUse the FSX camera views to set various points that you wantfor each aircraft. You can assign "hotkeys" to select those viewsimmediately, such as "right seat", "overhead panel", etc.Even though I have TrackIR4 I still use the camera viewshotkeytechnique to fly from the VC.Here is a sample set of camera views I use for the default A321.They are set for my normal head position using TrackIR4 so would needto be adjusted for a fixed head position. I programmed my #2 hat on my Saitek X-45 stick to the 4 "hotkeys" I use regularly for Left &Right seats, Overhead and ECU console.The hotkey assignments are made in the FSX "controls" "Views"menu via the "camera view x" entries with x being a number 0, 4-9.With a flick of my thumb I can move around the VC.Here are the sections from my A321 aircraft.cfg file:[CameraDefinition.001]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .7SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.35, 0.0, 0.0InitialPbh=2, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Center Console"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.9SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, 0.50, -0.2InitialPbh=55, 0, 0HotKeySelect=6[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Overhead Panel"Guid = {4ca337db-ae88-4c5f-96ea-ddebbd2a86fe}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.8SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.55, -0.58, -0.21InitialPbh=-58.0, 0, 0HotKeySelect=7Note that I only define 3 of the 4 views and hotkeys here sincethe left seat view is predefined to Hoykey 0 = F12.I use Shift+F7, Ctrl+F7 and Ctrl+F8 for the other three assignments.If you have the Deluxe Edition and the SDK installed, the "Core UtilitiesKit" contains a section on camera configuration. It's pretty easyto customize after you've done one or two :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg