Sign in to follow this  
klemay

I downloaded the FS_FS9_FSX converter....

Guest Zelensta

And I converted the World of AI traffic files, but now what do I do with them.I have a bunch of .txt and .bgl files. Should I move them somewhere?Thanks(I was converting the files because I just started using World of AI, and there was no traffic. Somebody suggested to use that program, now I just need to know what to do with the files)

Guest Zelensta

Sorry I meant FP_FS9_FSX converter not FS_FS9_FSX coverter

>Anybody? I need help!!The converted BGL traffic files go into your FSX SceneryWorldscenery folder as the default location.You should also see the FSX default AI traffic BGL located there as wellas the boat traffic BGL.The txt files are the decompiled "TTools" type files that list thevarious aircraft, airports and the flightplans.You don't need to do anything with, or even keep them, if you aren'tgoing to do any modifications to the WOAI stuff as it exists. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

This is the procedureOk it is a little more work but here goes. First off, FS9 and FSX ai flightplans can cause a conflict, basically wherever there are FS9 planes showing up FSX planes will not. So if you dont convert the flight plans none of the default planes will show up as some airports. WOAI is the easiest to use and PAI it seems are not far short of releasing a FSX installer. I like to kep my AI separate, it makes for easy backup and removal. In your smobjects folderC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjects create a folder called AI. When you use the WOAI installer you can point it to this directory and it will place all its AI planes in here and that way it wont clutter up the Airplanes folder. Next in the FSX.cfg under [MAIN] enter the following with the Simobjects path listSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAi this lets FSX know where the AI planes are. When you install the WOAI plans make sure you use the FSX ( under target)option and manual install and point it to the ai folder ie.Under FSX path...C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xunder FSX subfolder....SimObjectsAiAll the flight plans will go to the default directoryC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryWorldSceneryI then created a folder in the addonscenery folder called ai/scenery and copied all the flight plans there. Leve the default stff where it is in the scenery/world/scenery folder. You will need to activate this folder in the scenery option in FSx setup. Then run AIFPC. it will allow you to do batch conversions. Make sure first time that it shows traffic bgl and select under compile target FSX. Select all the flightplan BGLS and a folder to extract them to. When it done point AIFPC to the folder you extracted the flightplans too and change the flight plan file to

Very interesting thread. I've installed a ton of WOAI packages into my FSX and have never had a problem with NOT having any AI; usually the places I fly are pretty well stocked with what I've installed. So, if I do what are in these posts, what will happen?Next, do you have to do this with the payware traffic programs that claim to be for FSX?Thanks all!