Sign in to follow this  
MillKa

Own aircraft views

Guest patch303

Is it possible in both 2D and 3D to to alter something so I may pan around and not see the back wall of the cockpit etc. but instead see outside views. Though I accept this is not realistic, to me it would be preferable. I have set 'See own aircraft' to 0 in the fsx.cfg file but that was not the answer.Regards Pat

Guest fsxmissionguy

The more complex answer is also no.

Guest 1929clhenry

Hi Pat. I received the information on how to do this from an earlier post by someone else. I have changed all my aircraft so I can do this like in FS2004. I hope this is the info you were looking for.I have attached a wordpad file giving info and changes that work for mr. Running Windows XP.Chuck

Guest 1929clhenry

PatI think the first attachment wouldn't open, so sending another as an ansi text file.Hope this works.Chuck

This puts you on top of the aircraft, instead of inside the cockpit.. is there a way of making the VC usable again?

Bert

Hi Pat,In FSX RTM and previous versions of FS, you could cycle to the Cockpit View by typing S, then hide the cockpit by typing W several times, and then you could use the coolie hat button on the joystick to look out of the aircraft into eigth different directions.Unfortunately that was lost in SP1 or SP2. Now most of these views are blocked by the aircraft.Hopefully it will come back in FS 11 !However, this still works with FSX SP1/SP2:Cycle to OutSide View with S, then type 1,2,3,4 or 6,7,8,9 on the keypad (number block) section of your keyboard to look at your aircraft (and the scenery beyond) from eigth different directions.Adjust the camera distance / zoom factor with +/- to see more scenery and less aircraft. Type Keypad 0 to return to cockpit view.If you have FSX Deluxe version, check the SDK. In the core utilties kit, read the document about camera configuration to learn how to define your own views. For example you could define several new views with the eyepoint a few feet above your aircrafts center.Martin

Guest patch303

Thanks everyone for your replies. Seems there is no perfect way but I will try the alternatives. Thanks.Regards Pat