Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Carenado Mooney in FSX??

I just purchased the Carenado Mooney for FS9, and really love it! I know that they will eventually release an FSX-specific version, but has anyone gotten the FS9 version working in FSX? I tried downloading the FS9 to FSX conversion tool from their website (they say it works for all of their aircraft--I'm assuming the Mooney as well?), but the page seems not to exist. Thanks!Paul

Yes. I use it quite often. Actually, the Mooney has many textures that are more than ready for FSX. Now, since SP-2 we unfortunately are now dealing with all the 'shiney' spots on the panel where there is no texture covered with a gauge. I have had to go in an tweak the default (and also my gauge add-ons) to more precisely cover these areas, but it didn't take too long.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183080.jpg

Guest Shalomar

One advantage FS9 aircraft have is that with SP2 and VCrainfix you once again have raindrops on the VC windsheild. Finally my ATR-72 wipers serve a purpose!!!Best regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Well, you don't in the Carenado Mooney. I believe the only aircraft you can see the old raindrops are some GMAX models, and that does not even include all of those...and of course you have to have the textures installed.