Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Quick fix for TBM 700

Guest Shalomar

I really like the TBM 700, but SP2 messed up the windsheild transparency. I used a file that fixed the DC-3 successfully.First go here and download this file to a temporary directory:(My documents/unzipped will do splendidly)http://fssupport.com/maam/dc3_fsxacfix.zipFind the file Glass_cab_ini, and rename it glassdetail.Find the file Glasscab, and rename it Glassdetail2.Copy and paste these two files into your TBM 700 texture folders...C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimobjectsAirplanesTMB 700texture.1 Repeat with the second texture folder, Texture.2Next time you load the aircraft your windsheild will be as clear as glass. Also, if you have VCrain fix installed from the FS2004 library category you will see raindrops on the windsheild in the VC.If there are any questions I will be glad to help.:-)Best Regards, Donald Traill:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Thanks Donald:That is the only aircraft in my hanger that was affected and I was not happy about it. I really like it and was sad to not have the VC. Now I can have it again.I will apply your fix as soon as I canRichardS

WHERE did you find the TBM 700 for FSX? I loved that plane in FS9 but have not flown it at all in FSX. I would appreciate any help you can give me in locating this bird and making it work in FSX.Thanks.Stan

Guest Shalomar

The FS9 version works fine in FSX without mods except for the windsheild transparency if you are using SP2. Installation is straightforward, you just have to put the unzipped foder in Simobjects/airplanes.If you have Acceleration or SP2, you can follow my directions in the first post in this thread to fix the VC windsheild.For the record, this is not my fix but MAAM-Sim's fix for the DC-3. I just blundered into making it work for the TBM 700.You only need two of those texture files to fix the TBM, the rest are for the DC-3 and aren't needed for the TBM 700.Glad I could help...:-beerchugBest Regards, Donald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Sounds cool. I will try it tomorrow. Now...I'm watching the New England Patriots vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars. Appreciate it.Stan

Guest Shalomar

I just went to see "Bucket List" at the Rave. Enjoy your game.It's nice to hear from someone in the Lehigh Valley on Avsim.Maybe I'll see you on multiplayer sometime...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Following the instructions above leads to my TBMs windows being pretty much blacked out when viewed from the outside (Only thing really visible are the sunshades and those are black). Any ideas?Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Shalomar

Sorry. This is a quick fix, not a proper one. I noticed the windows tend to get transparent when clouds are behind them. They clear up for a second or two when you reload the aircraft and when you are flying thru rain they are transparent. Maybe it is an alpha channel issue. I notice one more file, "glas_t". I tried replacing it to no avail. Perhaps there is another texture that needs replacing for the outside windows to clear.Probably if someone takes the original windsheild textures and modifies them in MS Paint they will be transparent from the inside and out, but I have yet to figure out how to do it.What I do know is that at least three people who are not familiar with fixing aircraft textures are once again enjoying the TBM, at least from the inside.Maybe one of the gurus will step up now and post a link to their modified texture custom made for the TBM, I am at my limit for a fix right now.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Thaks, Donald.I will take a look in the texture folder as well and see if I can find anything out.Thaks again for the fix. It's nice to have this bird in FSX. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3