Sign in to follow this  
jdk2

FSX Reinstallation (uninstallation) problem

Guest amis

Hallo. Please help.I have problem with reinstallation FSX. After installation when you start running FSX for the 1st time, Completing Setup window appears. When I reinstall FSX and start it running this window never appears again.In this case SP1 (which I install subsequently) causes FSX crash when view is switched to VC.I unistall FSX via Add/Remove programs, then delete all FSX files, use CCleaner to clean Windows registry, restart PC and install FSX. I start it running and there is no Completing Setup window.It looks like FSX is never uninstalled properly. I tried many forums to solve the problem but nothing has helped. Please can you give me any help or tips how to uninstall FSX porperly. ThanksMario

Antivirus running? Windows Defender running? Both can cause issues with installation and deinstallation.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest amis

>Antivirus running? Windows Defender running? Both can cause>issues with installation and deinstallation.>>Regards,>Jim KarnClean boot performed before reinstallation. No antivirus no deffender running.

Guest amis

Reagrding my above problem they advised me to delete FSX directory in C:/Document and Settings/All_Users//Application Data/Microsoft/ after uninstallation of FSX.The fact is that there is no FSX directory after uninstalling FSX.Anybody reinstalled FSX? Your experience with FSX directory please.

Guest crotiusf16

I have never had the problem and I have re-installed FSX about 4 times now. It seems that you might just have a system that is full of glitches. Enable "view hidden files" you just might find it in C:/Document and Settings/All_Users//Application Data/Microsoft/Hope you have success. Corrie

Guest amis

>I have never had the problem and I have re-installed FSX>about 4 times now. It seems that you might just have a system>that is full of glitches. Enable "view hidden files" you just>might find it in C:/Document and>Settings/All_Users//Application Data/Microsoft/>>Hope you have success. >CorrieThanks Corrie. I have enabled "view hidden files".You say that there is FSX directory in C:/Document and Settings/All_Users/Application Data/Microsoft/ on your PC AFTER UNINSTALLATION FSX?Mario