Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

FS2004 Scenery

Guest fastfred22

Can I use FS2004 scenery in FSX?

Good morning, Freddie; Welcome to the Avsim club!I'll give you a hesitant "yes you can", with the proviso that most sceneries will have some sort of bug or other that you may not want to live with. My personal experience has been with the great FZ02 - Portland - from FlightScenery. It works, but there are a good number of "black box" buildings in the area. They're tolerable - they don't cause crashes, slowdows, etc., but once you know they're there - you look for them every time you fly the area, and that ruins the immersion As well the airports I fly in and out of are done quite well in FSX, so the urge to find better is not so strong. Yes - I miss FlyTampa's KSEA and San Diego, and Cloud9's LAX, etc., but for me, mostly the FSX scenery is good enough.Oh, yeah - just a small suggestion - it's a good etiquette custom to sign your posts so folks can talk to you normally!:-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest fastfred22

Thanks PJ - still trying to decide whether to stay with FSX, or revert to FS9 for a while longer...I have so many FS9 downloads on hand, and there don't seem to be very many available yet for FSX.Freddie

Me, too. I had FS9 on the drive until about six weeks ago - and hadn't used it since last March. You just need horses to enjoy FSX. Some of the aircraft have got moved over successfully, and some I've modified a bit for SP2, but on the whole FSX has better graphics in every department. I don't notice as big a difference in the newer aircraft, and I tend to fly one aircraft for a very long time, and on the same flight plan(s). Right now it's the CoolSky MD80 up and down the west coast, and I'm toying with the notion of adding FS Pax from HiFiSim, ('cos I miss FSPassengers!). I DO miss those addon aircraft, though - especially the T37 Tweet and the DF 727 - but after a while it seems it's replaced by a new love affair - kind of like a second wife! It doesn't take too long to begin to appreciate the differences and improvements...new feel... new scenery.. bump mapping....etc., ;-)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.