Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Parking Brake Default - Vista 32 w/Acceleration Installed

Guest Knikolaes

I have searched this forum and properly followed the suggestions for turning on the parking brake by default. Neither works in Vista 32 Bit. I need to know if any Vista users out there are able to have their Parking brake ON by defaultI am running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, 32 Bit, and FSX with Acceleration and SP2 Installed. Vista has, as it SHOULD be in ALL cases, UAC turned OFF (I have no clue why anyone would want that turned on anyway). Essentially I have gutted Vista's security so that I am running XP with a cool UI. In doing so i have assured my account has full admin rights, as well as manually edited the security settings of the FSX folder so that my account has FULL control regardless of security settings.I have performed three methods at getting the parking brake to be ON by default, preventing that annoying lurching of your airliner into the terminal building upon loading of FSX. It's also annoying with add-ons such as the Feelthere PIC Airbus series, which cannot start cold and dark unless the parking brake is on by default.Here are the three methods I have used thus far:1. In default FLTSIM.FLT file, assured that "ParkingBrake=000" has been changed to "ParkingBrake=100" per the suggestion of the only other thread discussing this here in the AVSIM forums.2. When the above did not work, I also tried adding the "100" value to the "LeftBrake=" and "RightBrake=" lines in the same FLTSIM.FLT file.3. I selected a default Cessna 172 and moved it to my home airport, parked on the tarmac, with the parking brake ON. I then saved that as my default starting situation. I then used notepad to open and check the flight I just saved, and verified that it saved with "Parkingbrake=100" as it should have.Also, I have no reason why this would be important, but I am using the CH Flight Yoke and Pedals, though that should have nothing to do with this (like senativity or anything) because i am able to SET the parking brake once FS loads, and the brake will stay on, thus this rules out a null sensitivity issue.No one has posted about this since SP2 came out, so it HAS to be a conflict with my system somewhere. My question is, "What are you guys all doing in Vista and Sp2 that is successfully setting the brake ON by default upon FS load up?" Please, share the wealth here.<> - To correct spelling

Guest Knikolaes

Still looking for a solution to this. Anyone going to share the setting I need to edit?

Guest Knikolaes

In FS9 that was indeed the case, but in FSX the brakes are on a percentage applied basis. I even verified this by checking how the entries occur in flights I saved with the parking brakes on.The sad part is I have talked to many folsk who say that all they did was change the 000 to 100 and that worked, so why on my particular system is this impossible? There HAS to be another CFG or setting somewhere in FSX that is keeping me from putting my parking brakes on by default.I'll try that entry with just "1", but others who have written to me has stated they have their functional with the "100" setting, meaning parking brakes 100 percent applied.The most anoying part of this is in cases such as the Wilco Airbus series, where the cold/dark situation is not possible unless your FSX starts with the PB on :-(

Guest Knikolaes

I figured trial and error would work -- tried that "=1" setting instead of "=100", but that made no difference. Thank you for the idea anyway, Peter. I appreciate it.Any other ideas, anyone?

When I leave the aircraft parked, my .FLT file contains the following:LeftBrake=100.00RightBrake=100.00ParkingBrake=100.00Note that all THREE entries are set to 100.00 percent.Also, every flight you set up and save has it's own, unique .FLT file.Why not simply set up your desired a/c, configure it however you like, then save as a unique flight?BTW, the "default.flt" file is only read when you choose an a/c from the Free Flight menu screen...If you load your "default flight" is the parking brake set?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Knikolaes

Did that. I saved a flight simply as "KPUB Start.FLT" with the parking brake on with the blue and white Cessna (analog gauges). I made sure that was my default flight, then checked the associated FLT file with that name. The entries you regfer to are all set at "100", yet when i start that flight, EVERYTHING is as I saved it -- airport, position, aircraft condition (left at FSX default in that case), but no parking brake.

>When I leave the aircraft parked, my .FLT file contains the>following:>>LeftBrake=100.00>RightBrake=100.00>ParkingBrake=100.00>>Note that all THREE entries are set to 100.00 percent.>>Also, every flight you set up and save has it's own, unique>.FLT file.>>Why not simply set up your desired a/c, configure it however>you like, then save as a unique flight?>>BTW, the "default.flt" file is only read when you choose an>a/c from the Free Flight menu screen...>>If you load your "default flight" is the parking brake set?Question, what does this entry mean 'ElevatorTrim=053.29'?Is the 053.29 value mean the trim is up by that value in degrees?What value is considered a neutral elevator trim value?Thanks.