Sign in to follow this  
Guest killbox

747 Aileron Glitch

Guest ronht

If you are looking for accuracy with the 747 you can't get any better than the PMDG 747-400X. It is simply a spectacular product. ron

I do not, as my Radeon never supported Shader 2.0 (only 1.4), but that shouldn't matter. If you lower the flaps all the way and switch to the window view, and then move around the ailerons, you can see that the aileron on the wing tip moves, but the one closest to the window does not, but it is supposed to.Just thought I'd see if anyone else noticed this.BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I tried it with it checked, and I got the flexing wings and moving jetways but the aileron still doesn't move.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest killbox

i have the same problem i noticed from when i installed FSX i just thought my computer was to crap?

Guest bstolle

>as a beta tester, you are responsibleI've been beta tester for quite a few planes and flightsims and depending on the company it varies what they expect from you.My experience is that when a product reaches beta stage, they want it released ASAP. If you report an bug the response is most of the time:Yes we know that bug, but it's too late in the development phase to change it. We only want to know if it crahes your PC, causes CTDs etc...RegardsBernt Capt 767

The 747's inboard ailerons don't move! This is kind of disappointing as FS2002 and FS2004 both modeled this accurately. Hopefully a fix will come out or it will be fixed in FS11, that is if it isn't traded out for another aircraft.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

Bernt, with ACES the process is very much different, since the beta testing extends over many, many months and incremental iterations...However, at the end, there will always be some things which simply cannot be fixed to everyone's satisfaction...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest bstolle

>with ACES the process is very much different,...In this case I really don't understand why almost every default plane has some minor and/or major bugs.Maybe I can become a beta tester for FS11?Working with ACES sounds promising in that case....RegardsBernt Capt 767

I have been rooting for prop sounds that change with pitch and the ability to do a timed standard rate turn. I think the problem is though-with a product that attempts to be all to everyone, some details just have to fall thru the cracks...to be filled by 3rd parties that can devote the time it takes to the little details.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

"some details just have to fall thru the cracks...to>be filled by 3rd parties that can devote the time it takes to>the little details."I largely agree with that sentiment. I have always considered MFS to be the base platform and the aftermarket products to be the finishing touches. I rarely fly any of the default planes as they all feel 'unfinished' and generally lack attention to detail in all aspects.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Guest bstolle

>I have been rooting for prop sounds that change with pitch...@GeofaSigh, that's one serious bugs I don't understand why they exist. x-plane, fly! etc..., the all have it done correctly. Furthermore it would be a more realistic experience for a sim that is supposed to be 'as real as it gets'So you believe that chances are slim that this will finally change for the better with FS11 ?! @Ron>I think the problem is though-with a product that attempts to be all to everyone, some details just have to fall thru the cracks...But that's too bad. FSX has a great range of aircraft. E.g. having a FD that's working correctly in the 737, even if it's only very basic, can't be too difficult to accomplish. I'd be perfectly happy with the choice of planes in FSX.I don't know if it's a good idea to force people to buy addons only because the basic planes are broken in one way or another.Or they implement questionable features like the 'don't sink' callout (which also doesn't work is it should) instead of altitude callouts.We will see what happens next.If MS sticks to the 3 year cycle, FS11 should be out next year already :) RegardsBernt Capt 767