Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

I got World of AI....

Guest Zelensta

And I dont have enough traffic (the slider is 100% and i get 3-4 airplanes at airports like KLAS & KLAX). I tried converting the traffic files to FSX format, but that didn't work. People said something about AFCAD's, but I know nothing about them so...1-Will they improve traffic levels2-Where can i download some?3-How do I install them?

Guest Zelensta

Also, Thanks to anybody who replies!

I don't know how many airlines you have installed from WOAI, but you'll only get flights for the airports they use in the real world, so if you've got mostly European carriers installed, you won't see many arriving at US airports, other than the major international airports. So you have to take care that you install the airlines that the airports you fly to serve the most. As for the afcads, those are scenery files that define the design and services of an airports, such as runway, taxiway placement, navaids, and gates. You can also define what airlines, will park at the gates, although this doesn't work completely 100%. Still better then without these assignments. There is a payware editor available from flight1, but there are also freeware editors available. If your not up to editing them yourself, there are many that have graciously shared their work here in the library, look under the FSX afcad section in the lib. There are many airports there which are very well done, and more every day. Installation instructions are usually enclosed, but it's usually just a matter of adding the bgl files to the addonscenery folder.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What time of day?Even KLAX isn't overflowing at certain times of day.Best time to check is usually about dawn.WoA has many packages which should be at KLAX, United, Delta, American, Northwest and more.KLAX does only have gate parking for 10 aircraft B767 sized or larger in the default airport - and 15 cargo aircraft.Airport parking files - Ray Smith has a couple which might work for you in the Avsim libraryhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...fcad&DLID=98062http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...cad&DLID=104877

The combination of WOAI packages, their recommended Peter van der Veen converter (link on their forum) to convert the flightplans into FSX mode and a some good AFCADS specifically designed for FSX will make the airports come to life.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090