Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

Real life flight planning help...

I try to help as much as possible because I knew exactly how it felt in the start.

Guest christianholmes

>Christian, do you have the freeware AOPA flight planner? >Very helpful with all this and creates a flightplan based on>your parameters. Also can import NextRad weather overlays>etc.>>EricHi, I do- I found it kind of limited- I guess it is a stripped down version of Jeppesen Flitestar. I just got Voyager Freeflight working- that seems to be pretty good. If you pay, it will download sectionals for you to plan over which would be great. Jeppesen Flitestar looks good too- I like how it can show a sectional, but eliminate certain information.Of course, for the purpose of this excercise it's irrelevant- I have to plan this by hand.

Guest christianholmes

>I try to help as much as possible because I knew exactly how>it felt in the start. Thank you for that- Flying the plane is overwhelming enough, everything else involved makes for quite a monumental task. I guess that's why checklists are so popular :)