Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

SP2 double lights problem...

>I owe an apology for taking>you to task on this one because it was brought to my attention>that the poster you got harsh with in your reply was/is a>known problem. Unfortunately his post wasn't part of the>thread so I had no way of knowing that.No problem, apology accepted.I will point out though that there's a reason why I quote the relevant portions of the text I'm replying to, and that is to remove any possiblity of ambiguity... :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>I thought the halo had to do with the runway lights so hadn't>tried that one. >Also had to replace their Spotlight to get the landing light>to show on the runway.Interesting... FSX doesn't have either of those as default textures in the ..Effects folder......in fact, all default fx textures have an fx_ prefix on their filenames. All of the FSX aircraft lights use the same bitmap: fx_2.bmp 16bit 256x256 DXT1 (no Alpha).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest PPSFA

I went with Shockwave lights, seems to have fixed most of the problems.

I also have the double landing lights issue on my nVidia 8800 GT OC based system. And I have SP2 and XGraphics installed. I also notice that my halo.bmp file has been backed up and replaced by my Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne PA31T installation. Not sure where this leaves me!Anyway, first I shut down FSX and tried restoring the copy that the PA31 backed up but this made no difference i.e. I still get the ghost copy of the landing lights just below the lenses. Next, I ran XGraphics, unchecked the 'landing lights' in Advanced Options and re-installed. Restarted FSX, still no change. I was pleased when I found the thread on this - and hopefully the fix. But as is so often the case, after enjoying everyone's 'Eureka moments' found myself none-the-wiser as to actually what to do to fix the problem! I like to think my first two attempts make sense but having drawn a blank would someone kindly remind me of the correct DOS syntax to extract the original halo.bmp from the RTM DVD's? Any other suggestions welcome, I am flexible :-)Many thanks in advanceGarethLEAL

I don't know about you but I've found that the number of "ghost" reflections from aircraft lights increases geometrically with the number of JD Black shots I down. After 3 you should see all the lights. Also makes the flight much smoother. :-)fb

Nice one fbass! Yeah, let's blame it on Jack ... and maybe a score of other niggles will go away at the same time!

>>Normal experiences for SP2.>>>>Buggy code, poorly tested, bad software. >>>>Got more bugs than the amazon jungle.>>Normal useless reply.>>Riddled with inaccuracy,>>and simply annoying noise.>>Just like your post.