Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Spot View and TrackIR - Can it be changed?

I was wondering if it is possible to disable the panning of TrackIR when switching from VC to spot view? I liked the way it was in FS9 when you switched views.. no head panning in spot view.. but with FSX (using TrackIR Pro), whenever I switch from VC to spot view, I have to hit the F9 key in order to disable head panning. It's cumbersome because I must then hit f9 again when switching back to the VC view.Is there a way to change this is the Cameras.CFG file?I searched but couldn't find it in any of the tweaks!Any help would be most appreciated!Thanks,- Alex

Guest etheberge

Alex,As far as I know, there is no way to disable the TrackIR in spot view other than what you are doing now.I too would much rather use a hat switch to pan in spot view.I assigned one of my joystick buttons to pause head tracking. Maybe you could do the same, it's better than reaching for the F9 key every time. -Erik

Guest SkullxBones

I also assigned one of my yoke buttons to pause TrackIR. Not only helps with exterior views, but makes it a lot easier to do the switches and knobs in VC when you momentarily pause it.

That is exactly what I did. Assign a yoke button to turn off TrackIR. Like the other reply mentioned, it makes it easier to punch the buttons while head down in the cockpit and nicer to pan around when in the spot view.

I have found that I am adjusting the flight settings using the mouse cursor so, it makes perfect sense to utilize the 'Mouse Three' button (By clicking down on the mouse wheel) for my pausing.Hope this helps you guys?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thereis a program in the library by Jackie Brouze(SP?) that will disable trackIr when you switch views.It will also start TrackIR automatically.I have it on my home unit if you can't find it.Works great.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I use voice recognition, and simply say 'still', and the TrackIR pauses. I also say 'center' to re-set the TrackIR alignment. This is even more 'handy' as it seems I get more areas in the VC when my view gets 'stuck' in the cockpit in FSX, especially looking down, and to one side. In addition, I also have voice commands to zoom in, and out. I find the voice recognition thing to be a wonderful thing, and I rarely touch the keyboard.FSX is a real challenge in FSX as compared to what it was in FS9, but I'm finally getting used to it. One of the first things I do when getting a new aircraft is adjust my eyepoints within the aircraft.cfg, as almost always it seems the defaults have you sitting much too high when using TrackIR.

>I have found that I am adjusting the flight settings using>the mouse cursor so, it makes perfect sense to utilize the>'Mouse Three' button (By clicking down on the mouse wheel) for>my pausing.>>Hope this helps you guys?ooooo...good idea. Going to try that tonight. Makes sense. Thanks!

Guest dswo

>I have found that I am adjusting the flight settings using>the mouse cursor so, it makes perfect sense to utilize the>'Mouse Three' button (By clicking down on the mouse wheel) for>my pausing.I do something similar. Using the mouse's driver software, I assign the middle button to send "F9" when FS is running; this, as you know, pauses TrackIR. Then, in the TrackIR software, I set the command keys to pass through (instead of getting trapped/stopped once they have done their work in TrackIR). Finally, in the sim, I change one of the Mouse Look keys to F9 as well. Result: the middle mouse button acts as a toggle for Track IR and Mouse Look.

Hey, Ron, this looks to be a neat little tool...I'll have to check it out this evening.

It does work well however I have not been able to assign the pause button to anything.It has to be F9.I have the alignment button on my yoke but everytime I have assigned the pause button to something else it screws up my change view buttons.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.