Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

FSX payware GA aircraft vendors

I am one of the users of the FS series who has settled on the comfortable balance that FS9 is my jets/turboprop/VATSIM sim, and FSX is my GA/Biz GA/VATSIM sim. They are both terrific sims!As I already have a hangar full of FS9 aircraft and seeing the dearth of freeware offerings for FSX as of yet I wanted to purchase a couple of GA aircraft for FSX (a twin and a single prop maybe).There are many posts on the various payware GA aircraft available for FSX but this is scattered. I wonder if the forum members could reply to this post with a list of the companies who are into payware GA aircraft and the aicraft they offer. Ideally a 1-5 star rating for the aircraft could be provided but if people think that is sensitive then no need.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

As far as FSX only GA prop planes there aren't a TON yet. Here are my suggestions:Aerosoft Beaver X - 5 starsEaglesoft Cirrus SR-22 - 4 stars (5 stars if you have a good PC)Carenado Cessna 182Q, Cessna 206, Mooney M20 - 5 starsI know you said FS9 was for turboprops but I also suggest the Flight1 PC-12 - 5 starsOf all of these I would suggest the 182Q the most. It is technically a FS9 portover but it is fully compatible with FSX (w/DX9 only) as well as the free patch off of their website.I would watch for some of the dreamfleet stuff to be moved over to FSX too.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

RealAir Simulations = 10 stars! Buy everything they make! No joke. They make the two best GA aircraft I own. The SF260 and the Citabria/Scout/Decathlon package. Not only do they have the best flight models I have seen, they also have a super crips and clean art style which I really like, and the sounds are great as well. I rate the SF260 higher than the Citabria package, but thats just because I like performance aircraft, but the citabria package is more dynamic as it has bush planes, acrobatic planes, float planes and more.

Throw in the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche - 5 stars for the plane and FPS.Same can be said of the Digital Aviation Cheyenne although that's a turbo prop.I'll reiterate the Citabria/Scout package for bush and the SF260 for just plain fun.Also, some of the default aircraft are top notch including the Grumman Goose and the Maule although not as complex as some of the 3rd party offerings, but they certainly up the bar for default FS aircraft.

>RealAir Simulations = 10 stars! Buy everything they make! No>joke. >Same thoughts here!L.Adamson

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi, DreamFleet is about to release in the coming days the Dakota for FSX.Hope this helps!

Thanks. Actually I meant Turboprops = Propliners (i.e. ATR, Saab), I count the PC-12 as a GA aircraft so it would be on my list.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks! These sound like fun.Shez

Shez Ansari

Our FSX Columbia 400 offers turbo performance and is TAA. TAA= Technically Advanced Aircraft. Zane Gard has a recent review here at Avsim.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks! Great suggestions.Actually the GA/Biz turboprops are within my scope.Any opinions on the FSD Navajo and the Flight1 B200 in FSX?Shez

Shez Ansari

I second the Eaglesoft's Twin Comanche. Thats my fav non turbine Twin right now. Something about it ..just feels right. I don't have to look at the gauges or anything.. even if I fly looking outside, I feel like I am in a real twin.We need more twins!MannyIf you have the FS9 Aeroworx's King air, you can port it to FSX. It works fairly good. Especially their analog gauges. Thats what I use for the Twin Turbo.I cannot get the F1 ATR to work in FSX. I do not have VC lighting at night. One of the best features of the F1 ATR was the VC lighting. So thats out for me.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ron,I really like the Columbia from Eaglesoft. It is on my list :).Shez

Shez Ansari

>Ron,>>I really like the Columbia from Eaglesoft. It is on my list>:).>>ShezThanks Shez, the turbo performance is a really nice feature. She's also FSX/SP1/SP2/DX10 compliant:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yep, RealAir SF260 and Scout pack = pwnage!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JimC1702

I also highly recommend the RealAir Scout Package and the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche. I'd also like to add a plug for the FSD Piper Saratoga.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium