Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iceberg

Where is the FSX.cfg file?

Guest Iceberg

Hi,I just installed FSX and am wanting to do some customizations (specifically change the aircraft labels on the AI). For some reason, I can't find the FSX.cfg file. Can somebody tell me which folder it is in or if there is something I have to do to create it for editing?--James

Guest Nils79

Hi James,start cmd.exe and type: cd %AppData%MicrosoftFSX

Guest Iceberg

So, I went home for lunch and tried this exactly. Nothing happened. Am I missing something? When I opened the cmd.exe, it started my in my documents. I typed what you wrote exactly and then it created the directory, but then nothing else. I went back to the FSX folder, and there was no FSX.cfg. I hate to ask you do this, but can you tell me like I'm stupid?--James

Guest Iceberg

Cool! That looks promising. I'll try it tonight.--James

Guest Nils79

James, no problem, i try to explain (but my english isn't the best).First you have to make your system files/folders visible - they are hidden by default: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...iddenfiles.mspxthen you can use the explorer to go to this folder, where you can find your FSX.cfg: C:Documents and SettingsYOUR USERNAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFSX I assume you are using XP because you wrote "my documents". If you are using Vista you will find your FSX.cfg here: C:UsersYOUR USERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX.Or you can use the cmd command, which i suggested first. If you use the cmd command with "cd" you will only move in the directory and if you then type "dir" you can list all files in this directory. The whole path shown in the cmd window is the path to your FSX.cfg.Or you can use the tool which Geofa suggested.

Guest Iceberg

Thank you Nils. That is much "clear-er"--James