Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

FSX Display Issue

Guest RichardL

Anyone know what is happening here:I launch FSX, get the main menu and then click Free Flight.The screen displays in Free Flight mode but immediately minimizes to the Task Bar. If I click on the FSX icon in the Task Bar, it looks like FSX is going back to Maximize but the screen is all black.I have:uninstalled and reinstall video driverdeleted FSX.cfg for a re-buildpulled the USB plug for axix controll hardware disabled Vista AeroAny ideas before I spend a few hours uninstalling FSX, SP1, and SP2 for a reinstall?Q66008800GT4gig memoryVista64Richard

>Anyone know what is happening here:>>I launch FSX, get the main menu and then click Free Flight.>>The screen displays in Free Flight mode but immediately>minimizes to the Task Bar. If I click on the FSX icon in the>Task Bar, it looks like FSX is going back to Maximize but the>screen is all black.>>I have:>>uninstalled and reinstall video driver>>deleted FSX.cfg for a re-build>>pulled the USB plug for axix controll hardware >>disabled Vista Aero>>Any ideas before I spend a few hours uninstalling FSX, SP1,>and SP2 for a reinstall?>>Q6600>8800GT>4gig memory>Vista64>>>RichardMaybe you can get help here --> http://forums.guru3d.com/

Guest Nils79

Hi Richard,do you use any add-ons? Disable your DLL.XML and your EXE.XML (both are located in the same folder like your FSX.cfg and the EXE.XML doesn't exist by default) and test only with default airplanes.Did you install the latest graphics card drivers from the Nvidia homepage? And try the windowed mode, if you are using the fullscreen mode.

It could be trying to go into full screen mode.....try clicking on the taskbar icon to give focus and pressing alt-enter which may bring it back into windowed mode.

I had the same problem...not sure what caused it, but it appears that the fsx.cfg file got corrupt. I deleted and let program recreate....everything worked afterwards. Be aware, any tweaks will obviously be lost...but if you are using sp2, there should be too many to recreate anyways!

Guest RichardL

Your idea appears to be the winner Nils.I already had exe.dll disabled. I disabled dll.dll (renamed it) launched FSX and it now works perfectly.The dll.dll has four entries. Three regarding the SDK and FSUIPC.What now? Delete the dll.dll file and let FSX rebuild? No issue re-installing FSUIPC. I have saved a copy of the FSUIPC.cfg.I did change back to full screen once FSX started but that does not appear to have been the problem.REgards,Richard

Guest Nils79

I would only delete the FSUIPC entry in the dll.xml and also all FSUIPC files in the modules folder and then i would reinstall the latest version of FSUIPC (4.20). And better don't use old config files for FSUIPC. I hope this solves your problem.

Guest RichardL

Thanks Nils. I have many controls configured in FSUIPC so looks like a have a few hours work to do.Regards,Richard