Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marlboro1

FSX ATP Checkride Landing Crash

Guest Marlboro1

Hi y'all,I saw this question posted in a few places on the net but never found a conclusive answer...maybe here?Upon landing during the check-ride (KPAE) I always end the flight with the instructor message: "Since you've crashed...."I flew this lesson countless times (no errors on the first two checks OLM/PAE), can land in free flight and are competent with the missions and am pretty sure I did everything right and by the book (IFR - ILS approach) but the result is always the same no matter how smooth the landing.approach: 148 kts/flaps 30/gear down/auto-brake 3/spoiler armed/on glide-slope/5 deg flare/idle at threshold/auto-pilot disengaged [crash enabled/stress enabled]. Only minor deviation is: rwy 159 vs actually heading 162 but that's how the needles line me up.Is this a bug or is the criteria for this lesson far more restrictive than during standard flights?Thanks for your time to helpMarl

Guest grantguo

I passed the ATP checkride today after exceeding two tolerrences with the aid of AutoPilot. The landing crash bug happened to me once but then go away. I did not arm the spoiler though. I suggest installing SP1 and SP2 if you have not done so. That may fix the problem. BTW: How can you get the radio set right? The examiner always says I did not set the ILS radio correctly on the 294 course. But actually, I did set the radio and I set it before the procedure turn. The only thing I am not very sure about is the OBS of Nav1. Is this just the heading stuff on the Auto Pilot panel?

Guest Marlboro1

Thanks for the reply.I had both patches installed...maybe redo from scratch.Radio: you set after(!) you roll out of the procedural turn (294 deg) and start the minute long leg -> localizer frequency and approach course (159 deg) to allow for intercept when you return on 114 deg This is a good stretch to arm the spoiler, set flaps 15 and autobrakes to 3, tooHope this helpsHave fun