Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

2 things left to CONQUER!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, ive now got FSX running SWEEEET! Looks stunning now....Ive got the leveld just bought along with Xpac and I can get it running smooth and good FPS, so smooth I dont bother with the FPS counter anymore! (And the track IR ULTRA seems to me to make it smoother!)Now I have 2 things left before I stop messing and start flying....1.) Traffic. Whats the best to use? FPS friendly and lookin wise. How badly does the slider affect things? 30% mean only a 30% full airport therfore not realistic or?2.) Sandy textures? any plans for europe to have a new texture set anytime soon? sandy texture at my home airport of EGNT (newcastle, UK) is so silly!Cheers AllIanp.s Ill be posting some screenshots over at the screenshot forum within next few days of what ive accomplished!

I happen to use MyTraffic X which at any given setting 5 to 6 more times more AI then the stock FSX. So, a traffic setting of 15% with MyTraffic X installed equates to roughly a 100% AI setting of a stock FSX.I love the traffic and its framerate friendly. You just have to find the sweet spot along with all the rest of your sliders.

Guest jshyluk

That's absolutely correct: different traffic packages have different levels of traffic. Check with the manufacturer to see what they reccommend. If you are using default FSX traffic, 60% traffic represents full real-world traffic levels for aircraft for most of the world. The ground and water traffic levels are up to you, although I find 100% traffic looks a little "over-rendered" in many cases.The desert textures are due to errors in landclass. You will need to find a landclass that fits your area, or if you have the time and energy, you can make your own. The good news is that landclass files on their own tend to be small, and the payware ones are usually inexpensive. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest PPSFA

Scenery Tech landclass does a great job for Europe

Guest codkilla

I agree, SceneryTech's Europe Landclass combined with Adam Mills European Ground Textures (found here on AVSIM) looks fantastic and does the job just fine.

Guest Daniel42

There will soon be an update for MyTrafficX, in this one 55 out of the 150 models (representing about 2000 of the 3500 paints) will be true FSX planes. Which means: far better framerates and fully working in FSX SP2 and DX10.The new version will have an easy way to switch between 'full schedules' and 'fsx only schedules' I'm currently using the so called 'Christmas Alpha' version and with the 'fsx only' schedules I'm able to move the slider to a position where I get more actual traffic than with the 'full schedules' but with equal framerates.Diversity with the 'fsx only' schedules is less of course, but all the 737's, 747's, 757's, Airbusses and more are covered.Daniel

Guest ianrivaldosmith

'Using in-game AF (anisotropic filtering) is always better than forcing AF in Driver Control Panel. It's always faster and gives virtually the same image quality, because game developers know exactly which surfaces need anisotropic filtering and which don't. It allows the GPU to save the precious resources and achieve better gameplay. Use in-game AF in Microsoft's Flight Simulator X to achieve better image quality.' Is that right?

FSX defaults to 4x. You can get much better image quality by setting a level of 16x via nHancer. On my system I enable AF and AA within FSX and via nHancer, I set AA to enhance, supersampling, 8xs and I set AF to 16x.You have a good video card for FSX, do not use Nvidia's recommended settings. You can acheive much better results if you balance your sliders and set your video card differently.