Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Fokker DR.I

Thanks for the update. I tried this and I don't care to fly it being there is no trim and the only way to fly level is to hold forward on the stick. Am I missing something? The only way I can find to fly straight and level is to fly just above stall speed...

hmmm, servers must be overloaded.....download link won't come upI have the beta version....did they change a lot of stuff? Is there the famous red baron paint at all?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Nils79

@SolarEagleYes, there is no way to trim - i think that this is realistic, but i don't know it for sure. I hope an expert will answer your question.@RyanI don't know all the changes but it's always better to use the final version, even if the changes are only small and the scenery is also worth the DL.AFAIK there is no RB paint (Jasta 11?), but the Jasta 18 paint by BananaBob is also pretty cool and works also with the final version.And you can download the PSD file ;)

Hi Steve, on the bottom right you'll see the D/L links to both the acft and the PSD fileahhh crap, my download didn't finish, now the page won't load....need more server power lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan ...Because my window was not maximized, I was not viewing the right half of the screen. Thanks very much!I have to download on Wednesday at work (Tuesday is my day off). I live in the country and only have antique dial up.Tale care,Steve

>AFAIK there is no RB paint (Jasta 11?), but the Jasta 18 paint>by BananaBob is also pretty cool and works also with the final>version.Where do you get the Bananabob repaint?

Many aircraft of that time didn't have s trimmer. According to V M Yeates 's book "Winged Victory", Sopwith Camels were rigged to be nose light and had to be flown with forward pressure on the stick. Yeates should have known - he flew Camels in combat.Also, many rotary engined aircraft didn't have a throttle. All they had was a button on the stick that cut the magneto when pressed. Pilots had to blip the engine to control its output. I'm not aware of any addon aircraft that models this(?)

Cool, thank you. I used to get his stuff from Screenshotart.com but they closed up.

We all know I'm secretly promoting my new site, but as a cover, I wrote about how absolutely fantastic this plane is.http://www.zero-altitude.com/blog/This plane is exquisitely fun to fly, and is a cornerstone for everything that is good about freeware communities, people taking pride in their work and wanting to share their creativity and ability with the rest of the community.This is why I'll always support quality freeware add-ons before any others.

The airplane is FANTASTIC! How can this be free? What a credit to unselfish creativity! But I don't know where the Tchukovsky add-on scenery is located. I added it into my Scenery Library, but I don't know where to go to find it. Help!Thank you,Steve

Guest Nils79

Hi Steve,just enter the airport ID: LFTCAnd yes, it is FANTASTIC! :)