Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Fokker DR.I

Guest Seadog

Thanks for the link and the head's up. I've always wanted to know what a real rotary engine looks like when it runs, let alone what it sounds like. Those two videos were worth a whole lot of written explanation.-Doug

Guest jshyluk

I read an interesting article about the Dr.I's manoeuvrability. The authors did a computer analysis of the lift and drag of the six wings. Basically, the two upper decks cancelled out a fair amount of the lift generated by the lowest deck, which did most of the lifting. The reason the Dr.I was able to climb so well was that the engine and the prop were tuned to provide the best climb when the airplane reached cruisng speed. Since the aircraft is set up to climb as it cruises, to actually cruise you'd have to fight the climb by pushing forward. The pilot didn't have variable prop controls, trim, or anything like that, and was expected to keep his mount in check through brute force piloting. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Solar- Whered you get that paint!!!!!!???and I think you have addon textures, my airport is just a little guy...seems like some close custom textures, nothing as nice as yours though!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Solar- >>Whered you get that paint!!!!!!???>>and I think you have addon textures, my airport is just a>little guy...seems like some close custom textures, nothing as>nice as yours though!Look back in this thread a few posts! There's two links posted to Bananabobs repaint.Yeah after I checked the coverage area of the textures I realized its my Alps scenery. I was just surprised to see photo textures when loading up LFTC.

Guest Lith1um

>This plane is exquisitely fun to fly, and is a cornerstone for>everything that is good about freeware communities, people>taking pride in their work and wanting to share their>creativity and ability with the rest of the community.>>This is why I'll always support quality freeware add-ons>before any others.Well said Brian.A beautiful piece of work this DR is. It's a beautiful thing when you see the results of someone's labor of love. Pure and noble. Honorable.I need to paypal a few bucks to these guys out of gratitude.

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Ta for the heads up on this one - what a great package! A good model, beautifully textured and a lot of fun to fly. The included airport is a really nice addition too. Many thanks to all involved :).Cheers,DD