Sign in to follow this  
martin_ktpa

Add on Airports not compatible with SP2

Guest diddydaddy

Looks like Imaginesim have made an announcement about SP2 on their website www.imaginesim.com (better late than never I suppose). Sounds as though their customers have had a 'fun' time with SP2 as well.I've rolled back to SP1 and everything is rosy again.Martin

Then there are people like me that have never really even noticed the runway textures-till you mentioned it. :-) (Personally I view airports as places I want to get away from as soon as possible).Also, though I have bought a few complex airports for places I am intimate with I have always found I flew them a few times, oohed and ahhhed-then never went back. Because the price/usage/ enjoyment ratio, I pretty much decided to invest in add on aircraft, and sceneries like Megascenery instead.Now with the more completely rendered airports of fsx, I am even less inclinded to buy airport add ons to be honest. For instance-the default fsx San Diego, Detroit is pretty darned good (two I bought in the past)-in fs9 I needed an add ons for these two often used airports in my life-in fsx I am not much inclinded to feel a need to upgrade them. With Ez-scenery-I can easily add a few more things to add flavor to my important airports.In a similar way, with the great work Christian is doing with Tileproxy-perhaps commercial scenery of this type is eventually doomed also (and I am a huge fan of Megascenery types).With the way google earth, ms virtual earth, are doing entire cities, resolution down to a few feet-perhaps all our scenery will be coming from a source like this (including real airport/taxiway images-not hand drawn ones that still look "unreal" to me) making much of the current scenery design moot in the future? I have compares of Sedona on my blog-real/google earth/and fsx. To me no real looks real-even the color of the runway (and slope). Hand drawn stuff is much like the water in fsx-sometimes nice but really can't ever get close to the real thing .http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest bertvankampen

When you take time to read the different [FSX forums] these days, you will recognize that FSX is really flying in rather heavy weather ...After the launching of SP2 [more problems exist] then were solved....What is the future of this version of our beloved Flightsimulator? Just FSXI or.....?Will there be enough addon [producers left] to fullfill our needs?Will the average [hobbydesigner] continue facing all these problems....with no or bad solution!I really don't know; i just hope the time will fix most problems....in the meantime i use both FS9 and FSX on 2 different machines!Yes it's a rather expensive hobby when you count all the addon boxes/downloads...but only my wife is complaining;-) Happy Flying and Designing!Bertwww.worldoffs.com

Which poll is this? Seems there still is a division in the community between FSX and FS9 users...Sascha

Guest bertvankampen

Parts of the original thread were missing:( ; so i send the corrected version herewith:When you take time to read the different FSX forums these days, you will recognize that FSX is really flying in rather heavy weather ...After the launching of SP2 more problems exist then were solved....What is the future of this version of our beloved Flightsimulator? Just FSXI or.....?Will there be enough addon producers left to fullfill our needs?Will the average hobbydesigner continue facing all these problems....with no or bad solution!I really don't know; i just hope the time will fix most problems....in the meantime i use both FS9 and FSX on 2 different machines!Yes it's a rather expensive hobby when you count all the addon boxes/downloads over the years...but only my wife is complaining;-)Happy Flying and Designing!Berthttp://www.worldoffs.com

>Then there are people like me that have never really even>noticed the runway textures-till you mentioned it. :-)>(Personally I view airports as places I want to get away from>as soon as possible).Unfortunately for us Airport devs, a common but not often expressed viewpoint. The Airport market has been a small one, minuscule compared to Addons of global appeal.To me this just confirms the need for better SDK-tools, ground-polygons & sloped runway even more. If the market was already small in times of fully customized airports, how small is it going to become when we can only customize half the airport, perhaps not even achieving results much beyond EZ-Scenery content?We want to add value to the Sim but we need a box full of pencils to paint the picture. A Sim that doesn't need 3DP airports, I doubt that is what ACES has in mind. And if so, whats next? Ship some more planes in FSXI and the AC devs can join us in retirement?