Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

Jobs in scenery design for FSX?

Guest GamePlayer

I have been using GMax to create buildings for about 2 months and I think I've gotten the hang of it. GMax now doesnt seem so difficult for me to use anymore. I'm right now looking for a full-time job and was considering finding a job in scenery design where I can use Gmax. Anyone know of anyone that is hiring for designing scenery using Gmax?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Gameplayer,Email me at fsxmissionguy at gmail dot com.Cheers,Kevin

I doubt you would find a good paying job using gmax. But probably like fsxmissionguy there are individuals that need help creating custom scenery. I actually got the hang of using GMax pretty good as well - i have been using it for two years. I am currently undergoing building a really good looking scene for a mission that I have been planning for a while. I would like more custom scenery like cars, trucks, trees, stop lights, ect. I plan to release the mission as free ware so there would be no pay or anything. Just the fun of helping create an awesome mission! Send me a private message if you intersted.

Guest Lith1um

Good luck with your job search GamePlayer.On a side note, the buildings I'd most like to see are buildings like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Wawa's, Ikea, Best Buy, Exxon, Mobile, etc. Fast food restaurants are everywhere and being able to place a few would be real nice. There are some generics in the default auto gen, but they don't look to good and I think they are left overs. I was thinking about this the other day while messing about with instant scenery and your post jogged my memory. I wish someone would release a pack like that.I know I'd like to find someone I could paypal to do me a cheap photorealistic ground texture of the port I work at. It's roughly 2 square miles. All I would need is the ground texture placed in fsx, I'd place the scenery myself.edit:Maybe think about contacting local architects and offering your services making their dreams become visualized. Problably a stupid thought, they problably already have that capability. Just thinking out loud, don't mind me. Just seems like you can bankroll that skill set into a high paying career.Have a good one.

Gameplayer,I wish you luck in your pursuit.and I have a request for you if it is possible. I need an object. A simple white ball. Thats it. I want to use that in my scenery that I would publish as a freeware.I made this request in the scenery builder thread.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=35986&page=I would appreciate any help.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>There is a great idea-custom work for hire!>I would like a B55 Baron and virtual cockpit done from the 2d>one I am doing! >Seems like a market nitch here that hasn't been explored>yet...I agree I been looking for a long time for someone to do some custombuildings and objects I can place a smaller airports I wish to see with more detail and more accurate buildings etc.I would definitely be willing to pay a fee to somene who's willing to do it as a freelancer.Someone should hang our their shingle and see if their's a market out there for custom objects.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg